Host request for Biomaker Meetup on 18 May: can you be a welcoming face?

Jenny Molloy

Apr 2, 2022, 8:00:18 AM4/2/22
to Biology Club
Hi All

I now have work travel that overlaps with the Biomaker Meetup on 18 May - would another Makespace member be willing to host?

It is a pretty easy job, you would need to get to Makespace 15-20 min before everyone else, get the Biomaker boxes out of the trove, put some biscuits on a table and then generally smile, welcome and direct people to join one of the groups or start working with the Biomaker training kits if that's what they want to do.

If anyone attending is not a Makespace member you should provide a fire/safety briefing (which is written down) but most attendees to date have been members or guests of members.

I can send you more details, photos of where the Biomaker kits are and make sure anything else is readily accessible in my box.

Let me know and thanks in advance :)

Jenny

Richard Hopper

Apr 2, 2022, 4:56:32 PM4/2/22
to Jenny Molloy, Biology Club
Hello Jenny,

Not a biologist but will be there and happy  to help get set up and welcome people.

I guess others might be able to talk about specific projects.

Best wishes,
Richard

--
http://biology-club.makespace.org
biolog...@makespace.org

Jenny Molloy

Apr 3, 2022, 9:33:01 AM4/3/22
to Biology Club, richardhe...@gmail.com, Biology Club, Jenny Molloy
Biology credentials are definitely unnecessary so that would be great, thanks Richard!
I'm sure Tony can update people on the incubator project, Carlos will probably be there with his plant computer vision rig, Harry might be around for the geldoc/light box and for the Biomaker Challenge kits, they come with a handbook people can work through so pointing and being generally friendly should be sufficient.
I'll drop you a note closer to the date with any further details!