Tue 28 Sep: low-cost and open source robotics for lab automation.

Jenny Molloy

Sep 18, 2021, 11:16:58 AM9/18/21
to Biology Club

I would recommend this talk!

The SynBio IRC are pleased to announce a new series on online workshops focussing on practical technologies for use in biological research.

 The next event will be held on Tuesday 28th September at 3pm, featuring Will Canine and Dr. Nicola Patron discussing the use of low-cost and open source robotics for lab automation.

You can find more details about the series on the SynBio IRC website, and about the event on our Meetup Group

You can also download a full calendar for the series here.

Joining Details: https://zoom.us/j/98823233963?pwd=MUlHaDJLdGUvWmtlNWJJamhsVXhIUT09

Password: 4b8nW8gWmr

For more information please contact the SynBio IRC coordinator, Steph Norwood, at coord...@synbio.cam.ac.uk.

image001.png

Simon Ford

Sep 18, 2021, 11:33:14 AM9/18/21
to Jenny Molloy, Biology Club
What lab automation or bio robots can we get at:

Robotics Show and Tell
https://meetu.ps/e/KnFfF/1Hv6H/i

?

Simon

Jenny Molloy

Sep 18, 2021, 12:07:28 PM9/18/21
to Biology Club, simon...@makespace.org, Biology Club, Jenny Molloy
We can drag the OpenTrons OT1 out of the under-mezzanine storage in Makespace.
I have an OT2 but my postdoc would kill me if we move it because she'd have to recalibrate it all again :)
Steph Norwood might be able to put a call out to the Biomaker participants, a lot of people worked on lab automation for the various Biomaker Challenges
Jenny

Simon Ford

Sep 18, 2021, 1:17:48 PM9/18/21
to Biology Club, Jenny Molloy
Biology club,

> We can drag the OpenTrons OT1 out of the under-mezzanine storage in Makespace.

Anyone want to be responsible for that? (Who is not Jenny!)

And perhaps even seeking out other people with lab automation robots or bio robots from around Cambridge?