Next Biology Club Planning Call: Thu 4 Feb at 19:30-20:30

Jenny Molloy

Feb 2, 2021, 5:21:50 PM2/2/21
to Biology Club
Hi All

The next Biology Club planning meeting is Thu 4 Feb at 19:30-20:30 at https://meet.jit.si/biomakespace (note change of time from earlier advertised 19:00 start! Do not join with Firefox, any other modern web browser will do)

There is no need to have been at the last meeting, we will update at the start of the call (or you could read the notes here) and each of the session ideas will be introduced, you can find them along with the actions from the last call at the bottom of this message.

Coordinating Biology Club
We're looking for a Biology Club Coordinator who could help out with 3-4 hours a month of coordinating other people to organise sessions and host the planning meetings. These could take place before or after the biology club slots going forward to keep timings simple. It'll be a nice opportunity to help build this new community and get to know a lot of people :)

Massive thanks to Vamsi who already volunteered to help out with publicity and social media - you're a star!!

Hope that some of you can join us on Thursday!

Jenny

Actions - see full list in Biology Club - Getting Started Checklist

List of topics

  1. Barbara: community biology around the world
  2. TBC: Nanomaterials as enviro-pollutants
  3. Chinna & Carlos: building biology process monitoring devices from FitBits
  4. Vamsi: science fiction biological devices: how close are we?
  5. Jen: what’s it like to be a genetic counsellor?
  6. Carlos: drones, LIDAR and other interesting ag tech
  7. Russell & Katia & Barbara: Being an entrepreneur in biotech
  8. Carlos: Pattern formation - cool physics in the kitchen

Jenny Molloy

Feb 4, 2021, 2:28:21 PM2/4/21
to Biology Club, Jenny Molloy
Hi All