Biomaker Meetup, 21st June, 19:30 &Makespace

Katia Smith-Litiere

Jun 19, 2023, 7:59:36 AM6/19/23
to Biology Club

Hi all,

This is our monthly in-person, informal meetup @ makespace for anyone interested in bio and tech, with refreshments and pizza provided by Aromi.

Sign up to attend here: https://www.meetup.com/makespace/events/mxqdctyfcjbcc/

This is very much an informal event with no set activities. It is a chance for people to discuss ideas, work on their own biotech projects, or help with ongoing ones (both hardware and software).

One ongoing project is to modify a low cost off-the-shelf beer cooler to become a piece of high tech biolab kit.

Anyone interested in developing a raspberry pi camera to fit onto the binocular microscope so we can show the samples we're looking at on a screen?

We're looking for members with background in biology and who would be interested in helping organise the Biomaker Meetup sessions. You can also bring your own ideas for projects too.

Is that you? do get in touch via the Biology club email.

Join the Biology Club email group for updates and discussions: https://biology-club.makespace.org/

Thanks to the University of Cambridge Engineering Biology Interdisciplinary Research Centre for supporting!

Hope to see you there,

Katia and Richard