Biomaker Meetup on 18th January 19:30

Katia Smith-Litiere

Jan 12, 2023, 2:17:46 PM1/12/23
to Biology Club

Happy New year!

A quick note that the first Biomaker meeting of the year is 18th Jan at 19:30  at Makespace.

This is our monthly in-person, informal meetup @ makespace for anyone interested in bio and tech,

This is very much an informal event with no set activities. It is a chance for people to discuss ideas, work on their own biotech projects, or help with ongoing ones (both hardware and software).

One ongoing project is to modify a low cost off-the-shelf beer cooler to become a piece of high tech biolab kit.

We'll be having a look at things up close with a microscope  and we're looking for members interested in

helping out with  a simple project  to build a smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion adaptor: https://www.instructables.com/10-Smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion/

developing a raspberry pi camera to fit onto the microscope so we can show the samples we're looking at on a screen.

Signup on Meetup here https://www.meetup.com/makespace/events/290890009/?isFirstPublish=true

Join the Biology Club email group for updates and discussions: https://biology-club.makespace.org/