Talk on Bringing Open source to the global lab bench at CEB, 1130 20 July

Aishwarya venkatramani

Jul 15, 2022, 7:31:00 AM7/15/22
to Biology Club
Dear All,

Join the Open Bioeconomy Lab for a talk by Dr. Julieta Arancio from the Center for Science, Technology & Society, Drexel University / University of Bath. Dr. Julieta will be talking about "Bringing Open source to the global lab bench"

Where: In person in LT3 at Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, West Cambridge
When: 11:20-12:30 (UK time), Wednesday 20 July 2022.

Abstract

Experimental science demands instruments that can be quickly adapted to ever-changing research scenarios. But what happens when you find yourself in front of a black box you cannot even learn about? Can we trust data without trusting its source? Could open science provide an alternative? In this talk I will present findings from my research with the Gathering for Open Science Hardware (GOSH) community. We will discuss the implications that closed-source instruments have for knowledge production, how they affect researchers worldwide differently, and what people are doing towards a different future for science.

July20OBL.png

Look forward to seeing you there

Best wishes,
Aish Venkatramani