RSVP to Biomaker meetup Wed 19 Oct @ 19:30: where tech meets biotech

1 view

Jenny Molloy

Oct 4, 2022, 5:53:08 AM10/4/22
to Biology Club, Labs
Hi All

RSVP to the next Biomaker meetup Wed 19 Oct @19:30 in the Makespace Classroom.
This is immediately preceded by the Makespace Labs planning meeting at 18:30 and Aromi food will be available for attendees of both!

Monthly in-person, informal meetup/hangout @ makespace for anyone interested in the intersection between tech and biotech.

Specifically, we design, build (and sometimes repair) scientific instruments. Join the Biology Club email group for updates and discussions: https://biology-club.makespace.org/

Bring your own project to work on (anything involving lab hardware is welcome), take the opportunity to work through Biomaker training with others (https://www.biomaker.org/) or join ongoing projects:
  • Using an Arduino(-like) device to turn a £120 beer fridge into a programmable incubator to grow biological things and make useful reagents for the laboratory.
  • Using slime mould computing to map routes between Cambridge pubs
  • Developing teaching materials for IoT in the lab
Spread the word to your network by sharing on LinkedIn or Twitter!

Jenny

Photos from previous Meetup: qPCR tear down and Biomaker no-code electronics
1f41b30b-6cac-478d-b584-d8caf460aa91.jpg
IMG_20220817_205730.jpg
IMG_20220817_204936.jpg

Jenny Molloy

Oct 18, 2022, 3:44:18 PM10/18/22
to Biology Club, Labs
Hi All

Just a quick reminder to RSVP to the next Biomaker meetup Wed 19 Oct @19:30 in the Makespace Classroom.
Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow!

Jenny

Richard Hopper

Oct 21, 2022, 9:33:57 AM10/21/22
to Jenny Molloy, Biology Club, Labs
Following our discussion, I have created a draft proposal for the electronic's space here. Feel free to add.
Richard

Jenny Molloy

Oct 22, 2022, 10:34:35 AM10/22/22
to Richard Hopper, Bio Committee, Biology Club, Labs
Thanks Richard! I plan to tidy up the biology doc we started work on and hope to circulate by the end of the weekend for comments.
Is anyone going to the members meeting on Wednesday and able to give an update?
I'll be in Panama at a conference.

Jenny

Richard Hopper

Oct 22, 2022, 12:25:02 PM10/22/22
to Jenny Molloy, Bio Committee, Biology Club, Labs
Thanks Jenny,

I can attend on Wednesday, and can summarise the goals for the electronics space. I would prefer it if someone else could cover the biology space, as I am not as knowledgeable about this.

Richard

--
http://biology-club.makespace.org
biolog...@makespace.org