Fwd: Open Call, 9/29: Biodesign Sprint to reimagine sustainable hardware products

1 view

Jenny Molloy

Sep 27, 2021, 3:36:36 AM9/27/21
to biolog...@makespace.org

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alexandra Kisielewski <alex...@biodesignchallenge.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 8:45 PM
Subject: Open Call, 9/29: Biodesign Sprint to reimagine sustainable hardware products
To: <manag...@makespace.org>, <bio-co...@makespace.org>, <ad...@makespace.org>

Hello!

I wanted to make sure you saw this innovation challenge opportunity. We'd love to have folks from the Biomakespace Cambridge community apply:

Biodesign Challenge is organizing the first-ever Biodesign Sprint in collaboration with Google. Our month-long innovation challenge (running October 7 - November 4) asks creators to imagine a future where tech devices live in harmony with nature. Participants will ideate and pitch projects that use biotechnology as a sustainable design tool for consumer electronics products.

We're recruiting student and nonstudent teams of 1-6 people from across diverse backgrounds: scientists, artists, designers, technologists, engineers, hobbyists, etc. Teams can win cash prizes up to $5k and have the potential opportunity to collaborate with the Google Hardware Design Studio.

*Applications are due September 29 (note: this deadline is only for intent to participate in the Sprint, not for project proposal submission). Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions about the application process or Sprint in general.

*Please do share this open call with relevant networks*

Many thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Kisielewski
(she/her/hers)

Communications Manager | Biodesign Challenge
Managing Editor | BiodesignedIssue 08: Interspecies

--
bio-co...@makespace.org
https://groups.google.com/u/2/a/makespace.org/g/bio-committee