Biology Club Update: 22 Feb meeting now on Meetup, organisers/hosts meeting on 18 Feb

Jenny Molloy

Feb 12, 2021, 6:17:09 PM2/12/21
to Biology Club
Hi All

Thanks to Vamsi for loading the inaugural Biology Club on 22 Feb onto the Meetup group! Here's a link so you can RSVP and add the event to your calendar.

Also thanks to everyone for the emails that have been flying around inviting speakers and getting input on event blurbs. I copied the actions again below for those who know you're supposed to be doing something but can't quite remember what :)

A quick reminder that our next planning meeting will be on 18 Feb, 19:30-20:30 (Location: https://meet.jit.si/biomakespace) to go over hosting tips, last minute publicity and how to engage participants more in club activities. We might also discuss more meeting ideas, if time allows.

After this point the planning meetings will move to a breakout room in Zoom, meeting for 30 min after biology club meetings (i.e. 21:00-21:30 if the club meeting is 90 min long).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jenny

Barbara & Carlos & Vamsi: community biology around the world

Actions:

  • Confirm title and blurb with Vamsi - DONE
  • Barbara and Carlos to start contacting people this week or next - DONE

Jen: genetic counselling, day in the life, careers

Action:

  • Confirm title and blurb with Vamsi
  • Jen will email genetics counsellor
  • Jen to start a quick thread on google group about ideas for bioinformatics
  • Set up a running list of other event ideas: Data privacy and genomics, how to build ethical companies e.g. could invite Repositive.. To be picked up at a later meeting.

Russell & Katia & Barbara: Being an entrepreneur in biotech

Action:

  • Confirm title and blurb with Vamsi
  • Barabara to invite Al Edwards & Pockit Dx

Carlos: Hands on session on pattern formation

Action:

  • Confirm title and blurb with Vamsi