Outreach and Retention Committee Meeting Notes

J.R. Logan

May 8, 2024, 8:58:31 PMMay 8
to Outreach-Committee, bo...@makehaven.org
Attending: Christina, Charlie, Shaunda, Nancy, Brenda, Ashely, JR

1. Discuss Outreach initiatives meetups and status / progress
  • Nancy briefly discussed meetups (which have increased)
  • Brenda posts activities to five places.
  • We have talked to several facilitators to get more monthly meetups.
  • Would like to get someone who is a pro at Google analytics to help us set up and understand the source tracking. For example, did someone register because of social media or a newsletter.
Reviewed events data:

Event TypeHostedQ1 Reg #Q1 New #% New
Average Attendance
Total5933016149%5.6
Workshop321236049%3.8
Program2221150%11.0
Public3221777%7.3
Meetup13824656%6.3
Member Event2692130%34.5
Partner Hosted1000.0
Tour112650%12.0

Volunteer: Google Analytics- Christina said they may be able to help with Google Analytics.
Action: JR sharing access to analytics for Christina

2. Discuss Retention Churn Insights
  • We are seeing many members who canceled automatically when payment failed. Discussed a strategy for recovering these members.
  • Discussed offering incentive for those who said "limited time" to come back.
  • We should consider followup questions in our outreach for the "limited time" people.

3. Partnership CPEN Agreement
Discussed  CPEN MOU
  • The responsibilities looked like they were not exactly balanced. We should be careful not to ask too much from them without return.
  • We might want to make a list of all the official partners with MOUs on the website.
4. Outreach Planning Discussion
Reviewed and added to the planning document  (expect ongoing work on this).

Some key points added include:
  • Membership will reflect employees and facilitators/volunteers/instructors. This will help membership recruitment.
  • Online Paid Advertising: ie Instragm video
  • Question what are retention rates for programs like GEMS? We should try to collect this data.
  • Testimonials in video on how members have benefited.
  • New Member gathering events (special attention for new members)

J.R. Logan
Executive Director
MakeHaven

MakeHaven:  TourNewsletter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram | Website | Donate

Share a skill you have learned?
We can help you become a paid or volunteer instructor at MakeHaven. Let us know you are interested at: https://www.makehaven.org/instructor