What type of stipend is there and how does the training take place?

1 view

[SUPPORT] UMaine LearnToMod Project

Feb 28, 2018, 12:29:46 PM2/28/18
to [SUPPORT] UMaine LearnToMod Project

Training will be within a reasonable distance from participating schools to accommodate the most schools possible. Video conference options will also be available for educators unable to attend in person. Typically, training is held 2 hours a week for 5 weeks for a total of 10 hours of face time. An additional, 10 hours are required to participation in an online Maine LearnToMod facilitator forum, learn the fundamentals of LearnToMod and it’s use of Minecraft as a medium for testing and debugging code.

Facilitators can receive $450 for participating in 20 hours of training and 16 hours of facilitating a LearnToMod program for each semester they participate in the project until December 2018. There is also an opportunity for facilitators to participate as a lead educator in the program and would be reimbursed for travel. We are limited on the amount of facilitators we can reimburse. Currently we have set aside enough for a total of 72 facilitators. Some of these will be 4-H STEM Ambassadors.

This conversation is locked