magnolia vpro ui extensions

Michiel Meeuwissen

Apr 12, 2022, 4:20:47 AM4/12/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List
Hello,

In the progress of updating our magnolia installation from 5 to 6, we factored out a few of our UI tweaks (some were originally made years and years ago), which seem to have some more general applicability, to its own github project

Hopefully it may be of some use to others, to reuse, or merely as an example of how to extend UI functionality. Or may be as an example of how not to do it, in which case we are of course interested in your remarks :-)

greetings

Michiel

Unger, Richard

Apr 12, 2022, 6:25:30 AM4/12/22
to user...@magnolia-cms.com

Hi Michiel,

Thank you very much for sharing!

I would have a request:

As many of us use Magnolia in an enterprise setting, software licenses are a major concern.

I see the pom.xml file states the license as GPLv3, but could you perhaps make more explicit the license terms and what you would expect from potential users of your software?

While many of your tweaks look really cool and useful, as it stands I don’t think we could use them (our customers are typically government and government agencies, and very careful regarding IP rights and licenses).

Regards from Vienna,

Richard

Richard Unger

Land-, forst- und wasserwirtschaftliches Rechenzentrum GmbH

Telefon: +43 (1) 33176335

Michiel Meeuwissen

Apr 12, 2022, 8:34:13 AM4/12/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List, Unger, Richard
On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 12:25:30 PM UTC+2 Unger, Richard wrote:

I would have a request:

As many of us use Magnolia in an enterprise setting, software licenses are a major concern.

I see the pom.xml file states the license as GPLv3, but could you perhaps make more explicit the license terms and what you would expect from potential users of your software?

We didn't give it much thought actually. I talked to the other developers and we upgrade it to the apache license, which afaik is very business friendly.

greetings,

 Michiel