Permissions don't work for action bar for DAM on CE6.2.19

Aiping Zhang

Aug 2, 2022, 11:43:12 AM8/2/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List
Hi,

I'm trying to disable the menus on the action bar for DAM on root level for the users except for 'superuser'. It works for CE5.6.8 version when I configured it in the JCR repository, but unfortunately it didn't work for me when I tried to edit in  /dam-app-jcr/decorations/dam-assets-app/apps/dam.subApps.yaml,

 root:
        groups:
          jcr:
            items:
              - name: upload
              - name: importZip
              - name: addFolder
              - name: paste
          export:
            items:
              - name: import
        availability:
          root: true
        permissions:
          roles:
            superuser: superuser

Thanks for your help,

Aiping

Aiping Zhang

Aug 2, 2022, 12:01:14 PM8/2/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List, Aiping Zhang

After reading from the document the correct syntax should be,

availability:
          root: true
          access:
            roles:
              superuser: superuser

But then the action bar is gone totally for the other users,

Assets.png

instead of looking like this (the menus just get disabled there),

Magnolia 5.png

Aiping

Roman Kovařík

Aug 3, 2022, 1:40:16 AM8/3/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List, azh...@uchicago.edu
Hey :-)

The empty actionbar looks correct to me as you disabled whole actionbar group, not the actions.
You can add this availability rule to the actions instead:

    addFolder:
      availability: &notDeletedWritableRootAvailability
        root: true
        writePermissionRequired: true
        rules: *notDeletedRule
        access: &onlySuperuser
          roles:
            superuser: superuser

Hope that helps
Roman

Aiping Zhang

Aug 3, 2022, 12:38:38 PM8/3/22
to Magnolia User Mailing List, roman....@magnolia-cms.com, Aiping Zhang
Hi Roman,

Thanks for the advice. If I do it on action level it will also apply to the folder level and that's not what I want. The goal is to prevent the users from uploading individual images onto root level or create folders there. I'll stick to my solution above and see the feedback from the content administrator.

Thanks,
Aiping