Deprecation of multiple modules

simon...@magnolia-cms.com

Jun 18, 2021, 7:33:47 AM6/18/21
to Magnolia Announcements Mailing List
Hi Magnolia community,

After putting multiple modules into maintenance mode 1.5 years ago, we are now deprecating them on June 18, 2021. This message explains which modules will be deprecated, what deprecation means and what you should do.

Deprecation of legacy customer data and CRM connectors

As an alternative, we launched the Marketing Automation Connector Pack on April 6, 2020. The pack includes a framework to make integrations easy and provides two new out-of-the-box connectors: Salesforce and Marketo. It is available from Magnolia 6.2 onwards.

Deprecation of legacy DAM connectors

As an alternative, we launched the DAM Connector Pack on April 6, 2020. The pack includes a framework to make integrations easy and provides two new out-of-the-box connectors: Amazon S3 and Bynder. It is available from Magnolia 6.2 onwards.

Deprecation of legacy commerce connectors

As an alternative, we launched the Commerce Connector Pack on July 9, 2019. The pack includes a framework to make integrations easy and provides four new out-of-the-box connectors: Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento), commercetools Commerce Platform, Salesforce Commerce Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud (formerly Hybris). It is available from Magnolia 6.2 onwards.

Deprecation of legacy analytics connector:

As an alternative, we launched the Analytics Connector Pack on July 9, 2019. The pack includes a framework to make integrations easy and provides three new out-of-the-box connectors: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Matomo. It is available from Magnolia 6.2 onwards.

What does deprecation mean?

  •  We only do security fixes. No more bug fixes.
  • We do not test the modules with new versions of Magnolia anymore.

Deprecated status lasts for one year. On June 18, 2022, we will remove the code for these modules from the product completely and donate it to the community on the Magnolia Forge.

What you should do

  • Plan ahead: Include module replacements when updating from Magnolia 5.7 to 6.2 or later versions.
  • Get in touch with your Magnolia contact should you have any questions.

Simon, on behalf of the Magnolia team

https://docs.magnolia-cms.com/product-docs/6.2/Support/Deprecation-policy.html