ArchivesSpace Monthly Update - April 2024

Bailey-Grace Harrell

Apr 30, 2024, 4:54:56 PMApr 30
to Archivesspac...@lyrasislists.org, Archivesspac...@lyrasislists.org, Archives...@lyrasislists.org, Archives...@lyrasislists.org, Archivesspace_small_...@lyrasislists.org, Archivesspace...@lyrasislists.org

ArchivesSpace Update – April 2024

Upcoming Schedule at a Glance:

  • May 3 | Deadline to self-nominate or nominate others for ArchivesSpace Governance Groups
  • May 3 | Deadline to apply for Annual Member Forum Planning Team
  • May 8 | ArchivesSpace Member Match Virtual Mixer (member match participants only)
  • May 10 | Deadline to apply for 2024-2025 Member Match Program
  • May 8-10 | Find ArchivesSpace at the Northwest Archivists Annual Meeting in Spokane, WA
  • May 13-16 | Find ArchivesSpace at Code4Lib in Ann Arbor, MI
  • June 5 | ArchivesSpace Demonstration and Overview of Member Benefits
  • June 26 | Community-wide Training: Data clean up, exports and reports in ArchivesSpace

Nominate Yourself or Others for ArchivesSpace Governance Groups

The ArchivesSpace Nominating Committee has announced its annual call for people to serve on our User Advisory Council, Technical Advisory Council, and Governance Board. Those who are appointed to the Councils will serve three-year terms from July 1, 2024-June 30, 2027. The openings on the Governance Board are for the Small and Very Large membership levels - those who are elected to the Governance Board will also serve three-year terms from July 1, 2024-June 30, 2027.

Visit our website to learn more about each opening:

If you've ever thought about getting more involved in the ArchivesSpace community, this is a great opportunity for people of all different backgrounds and experience levels. Please see the official call for nominations or contact ArchivesSpace Senior Program Manager Christine Di Bella at christin...@lyrasis.org for more details.

Membership Renewals for 2024-2025

ArchivesSpace is developed by and for the community that uses it, and strengthened by services and activities that support our community and connect us to one another. ArchivesSpace membership is our primary source of revenue and informs and sustains every aspect of the program, including software development, support and engagement. A special thanks to all of our members for all they do to make ArchivesSpace possible.

We will be sending out renewal invoices for 2024-2025 in early May to all current members. While we have shifted our billing to accommodate the growing number of requests for earlier invoicing in recent years, it is not a problem if you prefer or need to pay closer to the July 1 start date of the term.

Invoices will be sent to the billing contact we have on file. If you are a member and not sure of your billing contact or if your billing contact has changed, please let us know.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to join as a new member for the remainder of the 2023-2024 membership year (or already know you would like to join us in 2024-2025), please let us know at Archives...@lyrasis.org. We look forward to another year of working together.

ArchivesSpace Annual Member Forum 2024 - Call for Planning Team Members

Mark your calendars for our 2024 Annual Member Forum! Taking place August 14, 2024, our 10th Annual Member Forum will be a half day event held in conjunction with SAA in Chicago, IL.

If you are interested in serving on the planning team for this forum, please email Jessica Crouch at jessica...@lyrasis.org by May 3, 2024.  The Annual Member Forum is our main in-person gathering and one of the largest ArchivesSpace events of the year.  We are looking for volunteers to review proposals, develop the schedule, and help make this forum a success!  Attendance in Chicago is not a requirement to serve on the planning team but if you do plan to attend the meeting, we encourage you to consider joining the planning team.

More information will be provided soon about how to propose a topic or presentation.  Registration will open closer to the event date.  For now, we are looking to identify a group of enthusiastic members to make this forum great!

ArchivesSpace Member Match Program Virtual Mixer

[Posted on behalf of the Member Engagement sub-team of the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council]

The Member Engagement Sub-team of the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council will be offering the final virtual Member Match Mixer of this year’s cohort on May 8, 2024 from 12:00pm-1:00pm ET.

This event is open to participants in the ArchivesSpace Member Match Program only.  For registration information, review the announcement sent to participants via the Member Match Listserv.

This mixer will be a casual time to reflect on the past year of Member Match and offer helpful tips and suggestions to each other about all things ArchivesSpace.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Member Engagement sub-team at Archives...@lyrasis.org.

Apply for the 2024/2025 Cohort of the Member Match Program!

Apply Now

The ArchivesSpace Member Engagement sub-team is now accepting applications for the fourth cohort of the ArchivesSpace Member Match program.

The Member Match program is an initiative to engage individuals in the ArchivesSpace membership community, created and organized by the Member Engagement sub-team of the ArchivesSpace User Advisory Council, with support from the ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Coordinator. The program is intended to be a resource and venue for peer-to-peer support between individuals working in ArchivesSpace member institutions. For one year-long term Member Match participants will be matched with an individual member at another institution with whom they can receive and offer professional insight, advice, and comradery. The program will also offer participants the opportunity to engage in exclusive events and enlightening discussions about ArchivesSpace and its active user community.

The program includes:

  • Quarterly Member Match Meet-Ups
    • These are formal opportunities for large group socializing with a set presentation as well as the potential for dedicated time to spend with matches in breakout rooms.
  • Monthly Informal Meet-Ups
    • These are informal spaces for program participants to meet each other and discuss just about anything. It does not have to be ArchivesSpace related! These are usually a monthly event on the first Friday of each month.
  • 1-on-1 matches or an option to participate in small group matches of 3 people
  • Private Listserv for Connecting with Other Participants
    • All participants of Member Match are a part of a private listserv where the sub-team sends out announcements. Participants are also encouraged to utilize the listserv to connect with the larger group of participants.

Eligibility

Any individual person affiliated with an ArchivesSpace member organization is eligible to participate in the ArchivesSpace Member Match program and there is no limit to the number of individuals from a member organization that may participate.

If you are unsure of your organization’s ArchivesSpace membership status, visit https://archivesspace.org/community/whos-using-archivesspace or email Archives...@lyrasis.org.

To Apply

There is a short application to complete at https://airtable.com/appRWL0RmpHHiCRlL/pagV53JxieVYhkKmg/form

Applications should be submitted by May 10, 2024. Applicants will be notified of their matches no later than June 30th.

To Learn More

Visit the Member Match wiki: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/2198568994/ArchivesSpace+Member+Match+Program

Please feel free to direct any questions to Archives...@lyrasis.org

Sent on behalf of the ArchivesSpace Member Engagement sub-team

Mary Pedraza, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, Lead

Jaime Margalotti, University of Delaware, Vice-Lead

Regina Carra, American Folk Art Museum

Jessica Crouch, ArchivesSpace Community Engagement Lead

ArchivesSpace Demonstration and Overview of Member Benefits

ArchivesSpace is offering a 60-minute demonstration of the ArchivesSpace application open to anyone interested in ArchivesSpace. This demonstration will be offered on June 5, 2024, at 1:00pm ET (find your local time).

Date: June 5, 2024

Time: 1:00pm ET (find your local time)

Where: Zoom

Registration: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_6UzONGSUQPKh5H2eUsJr4g

This demo will feature an overview of the application, a brief explanation of the ArchivesSpace Staff and Public User Interfaces and an introduction to the ArchivesSpace member community and member benefits.  A brief Q&A will follow the demo.

These demos are intended to assist those who are considering using the ArchivesSpace application at their organization to determine if ArchivesSpace is the right tool for their needs.

These demonstrations are not intended for those already using ArchivesSpace or those looking for ArchivesSpace training opportunities. The demo will be recorded and made available with the other freely available resources on our Getting Started webpage

For more information about this demo, ArchivesSpace, and ArchivesSpace membership, email Archives...@lyrasis.org

Community-wide Training: Data Clean Up, Exports, and Reporting

ArchivesSpace will be offering our next community-wide training on June 26th, 2024, from 12pm-3pm ET/9am- 12pm PT. This training will cover data clean up, exports, and reporting in ArchivesSpace.

Upon completing this workshop, attendees will:

  • Access and use the data import and export templates in ArchivesSpace
  • Import record types into ArchivesSpace, including accession, agent, digital object, location and resource records
  • Export record types in ArchivesSpace, including agent, digital object and resource records
  • Export PDFs and CSVs from ArchivesSpace
  • Use import and export options in data cleanup
  • Run out-of-the-box reports in ArchivesSpace
  • Create and run custom reports in ArchivesSpace

This training assumes a basic understanding of archival workflows and metadata formats as well as experience navigating the staff user interface. If you plan to attend this workshop without the required background, we encourage you to review the recorded ArchivesSpace basics training available on our Getting Started webpage

If you are interested in attending this training, you can register at https://www.lyrasis.org/ASpaceEventJune

This training is open to anyone using or interested in ArchivesSpace but ArchivesSpace members are eligible for a discount. If you qualify for the member discount, you will need to reach out to Archives...@lyrasis.org to receive a member promo code before registering.

If you have any questions, please email Archives...@lyrasis.org

2024 ArchivesSpace Virtual Member Forum

Thank you to everyone who attended the 2024 ArchivesSpace Virtual Member Forum. The forum agenda, recordings,and presentation slides are available on the wiki at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/3560210434/ArchivesSpace+Virtual+Member+Forum+2024

The recordings for the forum are also available on our YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3cxupmXL7WgCovJCGIn1sJiqTbV_YEW1

Community-wide Training: Space Management in ArchivesSpace

Thank you to everyone who attended the April 11th community-wide training, Space Management in ArchivesSpace. The recording for this training is now available in our Help Center at https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CACE3w

As members of the ArchivesSpace community, we value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve these training. You can complete the survey evaluation for this workshop here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LWFX3HT

If you are interested in attending an upcoming ArchivesSpace training, you can learn more at https://archivesspace.org/using-archivesspace/trainings

Webinar: Increasing Impact by Sharing an ArchivesSpace Implementation

Thank you to everyone who attended the April 17th webinar on Increasing Impact by Sharing an ArchivesSpace Implementation. A recording of the webinar as well as presenter slides are available at https://archivesspace.org/archives/8448

Membership Update

We are excited to welcome our newest members to our community! Some of our new members since March 31st include:

  • Capital University | Columbus, OH
  • Rivier University | Nashua, NH

As of April 30, we have 492 General members, 23 Educational Program members, 3 Registered Service Providers, and 1 Consortium Provider.

Thank you to our current ArchivesSpace members for your contribution to the development and sustainability of the ArchivesSpace application.  ArchivesSpace has a membership model to support the continued development of the application and user community and ArchivesSpace members are eligible for a variety of benefits.  If you are interested in ArchivesSpace membership for your organization, email us at Archives...@lyrasis.org

ArchivesSpace monthly updates provide news about ArchivesSpace community and program activities and are sent to our member listservs, the ArchivesSpace non-member Google Group, and SAA’s Collection Management Section listserv, as well as being posted on the ArchivesSpace website. Please feel free to share this update with people you know who have an interest in ArchivesSpace but may not be on one of these lists.