API/ArchivesSnake questions

Tom Hanstra

Jun 26, 2024, 11:31:06 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to Archivesspace Users Group
I've been playing with the API and have been running into a couple of things that don't seem to be working as expected. Perhaps others with more experience can help.

Note that I'm using the ArchivesSnake client to help with authentication and connections, which might be part of my issue, I really don't know.

- Getting records
 I've been comparing Postman with what I get from an aspeace.client.get call and find that I have a chunk of the record which is coming back in an embedded JSON record called "json". I'm not sure why that is happening.

- Putting records
When I try to put the record right back into the database, I run into issues. Posting right back with the information I obtained from the GET, I get errors saying various JSON values are invalid. This might be related to my GET above, I'm not sure.

I've been reviewing various scripts from others, but so far cannot get past these basic issues. Any good API/ArchivesSnake coaches out there?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Hanstra
Sr. Systems Administrator