Service / Fundraising Opportunity

Daniel John Bellrichard

Nov 2, 2012, 10:03:28 AM11/2/12
to stuorg...@luther.edu

Please see the email below for an excellent service/fundraising opportunity.  If an organization is interested in taking this let me know as I would love to meet and discuss it more.

dan

Greetings from Worldwide Book Drive, one of the largest used-book donors in the US!  Our organization donates gently-used books to charitable organizations that focus on education and literacy.  This promotes global literacy while protecting the environment from book waste.  We have donated more than 209,000 books so far this year, but this is still short of our goal of 500,000 books before January.  Your unused books do not help you… but they can help someone else!

Is an organization at Luther College interested in running a book drive on your campus in an effort to help us fulfill our mission? We run drives year-round, so you can choose the dates that work best for you. By collecting books on campus, you help us increase our selection of books for the charities that we support.  Simultaneously, you raise funds for your club through a worthwhile service project!

We collect and donate ALL types of books.  No scanning is required, and you will not be stuck with leftover books.  However, we currently have a need for more college-level text books.  That is why Worldwide Book Drive will pay you $1 per usable college textbook printed within the last 5 years.  These are often referred to as “qualifying books,” because they count towards the fundraiser.

The book drive is simple.  We send you marketing materials and book collection ideas to get you started. Talking to professors, students, the library and the campus bookstore will help you collect books and meet new people! If you demonstrate your commitment by collecting at least 15 qualified books, we will send you collection boxes to set up around your campus. You’ll need a place to store the books you collect until you are ready to ship them.

Once your drive is completed (or you run out of storage space!) your club packs the books up into boxes.  You notify us when a shipment is ready.  We arrange and pay for all the shipping.  There are no out-of-pocket expenses for your club.

Below is a recap of our Book Drive benefits:

·         Promotes global literacy

·         Improves the environment

·         Raises money for your club

·         Fulfills service project requirements

·         Provides recognition for contributions

If this sounds good to you, we encourage you to run a book drive!  Please follow this link to fill out a Book Drive Agreement. You may begin your drive whenever is convenient; we work hard to accommodate your schedule.

If you are interested in learning more about this program please visitwww.worldwidebooks.org or contact me by phone or email.  To date, we have successfully donated more than 2.3 million books and we need your help to increasing this number!

Thanks,

Nate Kurth Business Development Manager

Worldwide Book Drive

104 North 1200 West | Orem, UT 84057