Fundraiser for Families in Afghanistan

Karissa Crouse

Oct 22, 2012, 1:07:58 AM10/22/12
to stuorg...@luther.edu
Hello.

My name is Karissa Crouse and I am an English Major, Education Minor. I am e-mailing the group leaders of Luther College's student organizations today to propose a fundraiser. I have talked to a few groups and I feel that collaboration would be the most effective way to begin this project. Here is the quick and dirty of my proposal:

My sister, Danielle, is serving in Afghanistan in the Army as a Military Police Officer. She meets many families daily that are extremely poor and we want to do something about it. We would like to raise money and/or goods ranging from hats, jackets, shoes, clothes, coloring books, games, shampoo, and bars of soap. These families are poor country farmers and laborers. Although Afghanistan is not a large country, their poverty is overwhelming.

That is a very, very brief overview of this project. If you are interested in supporting this cause, please come to the SOS room on Thursday, October 25th at 6:15 PM. We can talk about the specifics and do some brainstorming. If you are interested in this cause, please send me your e-mail, if you are unable to attend and are interested feel free to send a representative from your group otherwise I can send you notes from Thursday's meeting. This means a lot to me and I am sincerely grateful for your time and consideration. I hope your week goes well and I hope to see you Thursday!

Regards,

Karissa Crouse

Karissa Crouse

Oct 25, 2012, 3:07:23 PM10/25/12
to stuorg...@luther.edu
Hello!

Don't forget, I'll be in the SOS room in the Union tonight at 6:15 to discuss my project on raising funds for Afghanistan. I would be so appreciative if you could come. This project is so very important to me. Have a good day!

Regards,

Karissa Crouse