Anti Death penalty activism

John Phillips

Oct 7, 2021, 11:00:07 AM10/7/21
to Lp
Got the request below from the chair of LP Kansas.  I know we all support abolishing it, just am not sure which of us is the best speaker on it/has the bandwidth, or if maybe we should pass it to staff instead for continuity.

I ve deleted the contact info off for privacy on the public list, but we do have it.

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Can any of you help me with this request?

Al is a former state chair for Kansas and is on the board for the Kansas group trying to abolish the death penalty in Kansas.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

    Rob Hodgkinson
    LPKS Chair

“You can choose courage or you can choose comfort, but you can’t have both.”

Oct 7, 2021, 1:15:20 PM10/7/21
to lnc-business
We absolutely need to be involved in this. I am no expert on the matter, but as the author of our existing death penalty plank, I am happy to play a role, if need be. I would be happy to coordinate with staff on it, as well.

Thanks for bringing this forward.

Whitney Bilyeu

LNC | Chair

LP.org

Pat Ford

Oct 7, 2021, 4:18:05 PM10/7/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I would suggest Natalie Bruno, who is the current candidate for OK Governor ... we did a special together on my media outlet

I would be happy to contact the individual myself, and share other resources I have

Pat