DRAFT MINUTES 5/29/22 POST-CONVENTION MEETING V1

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:29:21 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Team, these minutes are being submitted through the auto-approval process.  I will put the Policy Manual language on auto-approval in the next email in this chain.  You have fifteen days in order to propose corrections after which I will distribute another draft (though I can distribute interim drafts as well if there are extensive corrections).

Normally there will not be extensive corrections, but this meeting was rough.  We will all tired, and we attempted to recreate roll call votes, and I do not yet know everyone's voice.  So PLEASE PLEASE review carefully, particularly the names of those making motions and the recorded votes.  I expect there will be corrections.  This will be very atypical.

I am NOT going to put a purposeful error in these minutes which is a tradition started by Ms. Mattson in which the first person to discover gets a prize next meeting.  I will start that tradition for the in-person minutes.

So without further ado, Draft 1 is attached.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250
LNC-Minutes-2022_06-29_V1.pdf

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:30:00 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Here is the Policy Manual provision on auto-approval:

Meeting minutes for LNC electronic meetings or face-to-face meetings involving travel to a single site may be promoted from draft status to official during the time between LNC meetings as follows:

• Draft minutes shall be mailed or emailed to all LNC Members not more than twenty (20) days after each meeting.

• Corrections, clarifications, and changes to the draft minutes may be submitted for the Secretary's consideration for a period of fifteen (15) days following the distribution of the draft minutes. The Secretary shall distribute an updated version of the draft minutes not later than seven (7) days following the end of that submission period. If no changes are distributed during that period, the minutes shall be promoted from draft to final.

• The updated version shall be deemed official if no LNC Member challenges the content to the Secretary within seven (7) days of the distribution of the updated version. Any additional changes will be made by the Secretary within two (2) days and distributed for an additional seven (7) day review period. This process shall repeat until there are no challenges or the next regular LNC meeting, whichever comes first.

• These auto-approval provisions are void if the Secretary fails to distribute the draft minutes of a meeting within twenty (20) days after that meeting or fails to distribute updated versions as described above.

• The Secretary shall send an official copy of meeting minutes to staff within seven (7) days of the promotion of those minutes from draft to official status for posting on the Party website and shall provide a final copy to all LNC members

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Connor Nepomuceno

Jun 7, 2022, 5:39:48 AM6/7/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms. Harlos,
You have spelt Mr. McMahon’s name two different ways in the list of gallery speakers and in the motion which he read.

--
Concordia res parvae crescunt

Dave Benner
Region 2 Representative, Libertarian National Committee
--
In Liberty,
Connor Nepomuceno

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:42:10 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Thank you, will get that fixed in V2.  I do that constantly with "Mc" and "Mac" names and is a bad habit I need to break.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:43:39 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Dang, it was Mahan versus Mahon, gracias.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Nanna

Jun 7, 2022, 5:46:49 AM6/7/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
My friend I cannot believe you found that error within 5 minutes of this email going out! Impressive sir!

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:49:18 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
He is going to win every single easter egg hunt in future minutes.  You guys are going to up his game.  Mr. Hagan always won in the past very rapidly as well.  I hope he likes Statue of Liberty chia pets ;)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 5:54:36 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
I am super super begging you guys though, please double, triple check the votes - it was a tough meeting to keep track of and I fully expect multiple corrections in those sections.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Connor Nepomuceno

Jun 7, 2022, 5:59:05 AM6/7/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yay, I win something!

I can’t recall any deviations from what was presented, but as was stated, everyone was very tired that day. Everyone should at least be able to recall how they voted.

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 6:02:50 AM6/7/22
to lnc-business
I watched the video produced by Joe Dehn as well but sometimes voices were off camera, and I am not yet completely familiar with everyone's voice.  I promise the future ones will not be these chaotic, I am not particularly proud of these.  They do the job but are not my best work.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Jun 7, 2022, 12:15:05 PM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Thank you, I'll review them this week.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Linnea Gabbard

Jun 7, 2022, 12:26:11 PM6/7/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Still reviewing the minutes themselves, but a little note, are the footers on each page supposed to say ‘post convention’ instead?
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative
LNC

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 12:49:07 PM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Here is V2 with the changes noted so far.

The auto-approval review deadline is June 22, 2022.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

LNC-Minutes-2022_06-29_V2.pdf

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 12:52:43 PM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Thank you Ms. Gabbard and Mdm Chair.  Because the votes situation was so odd, I will be releasing new versions pretty immediately rather than waiting until end of 15 day review period as is more typical.

The special meeting minutes draft *should* be out today as I know the LAMA folks are eager to have them.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 7, 2022, 2:07:10 PM6/7/22
to lnc-business
Mr. Jared Hall also sent in a correction (members PLEASE feel free to send in corrections, and I will properly credit you unless you ask to remain anonymous) that will be in V3.  I really would like to get the votes corrections in (if any) before releasing V3.

Mr. McMahon you are the ghost that is haunting these minutes!  I apparently have decided you no longer want to live in Indiana but rather Illnois.  Starts with an "I" same diff.  Everyone knows the greatest state is Colorado anyways ;)

One thing I want to say about minutes - I want to hear every correction, every single one, even if we are talking about a comma.  I may not always agree but ALL feedback makes me a better Secretary day by day.  Being out of practice, and out of work (as a paralegal which can be tediously meticulous) has dulled my blade a bit, and I want to get back to having things as perfect as humanly possible.

Do not EVER hesitate (members or LNC) to offer feedback.  If I do not agree, I will always say why, and ultimately it is up to the LNC in approval.  But I know some people hesitate to note items feeling it will be taken as an insult.  I like the challenge of passing the pickiest of reviews.  That is what we have to expect at the national level.  Ms.  Mattson always remains the level I aspire to be equal to.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 8, 2022, 6:15:35 PM6/8/22
to lnc-business
Mr. McMahon asked for this to be included:

"can the minutes reflect that Snowden resolution was drafted by the LPIN Delegation and presented by the LPIN chair to the LNC after the resolution was unable to be presented to the 2022 Libertarian Party National Convention body?"

I agreed, and that will be included in V3.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Jun 8, 2022, 6:47:17 PM6/8/22
to lnc-business
Good idea. Thank you for including LPIN.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Jun 8, 2022, 10:20:29 PM6/8/22
to lnc-business
Here is V3 with those changes made

Still no corrections on any votes, and that is fine if there are none to be made, I would be happy, but I would also be very very surprised.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

LNC-Minutes-2022_06-29_V3.pdf

Mike Rufo

Jun 11, 2022, 1:25:00 AM6/11/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms Harlos,

I believe it was Rene Perez of Texas that presented the Defend the Guard act to the board and requested our support. It was a motion from the Texas delegation afterall. I remember him also being the one to email you the language. It's been a bit sorry if my memory is perfect.

Respectfully,
Mike Rufo
LNC At-Large Representative

Secretary LNC

Jun 11, 2022, 3:11:27 AM6/11/22
to lnc-business
Thank you that was something I was uncertain of.  Your memory on this issue is far better than mine.  Do you believe there should be a similar footnote that this was a resolution from the Texas delegation as passed at their convention (that is what is indicated in Mr. Perez' email which I located) like we did for Indiana?  I think we should.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 11, 2022, 5:03:18 AM6/11/22
to lnc-business
I checked the recording, and it was Mr. Zalrajsek of MA who requested it in public comment first, and then Rene Perez backed him up.  I noted this in V4 attached.

LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

LNC-Minutes-2022_06-29_V4.pdf

Mike Rufo

Jun 12, 2022, 2:09:12 AM6/12/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Sorry for the lacking response. I was traveling back to Florida from Arizona. Thank you for making the changes!

Respectfully,
Mike Rufo
LNC At-Large Representative

Secretary LNC

Jun 22, 2022, 2:36:17 AM6/22/22
to lnc-business
The deadline for corrections prior to sending a final revised draft for auto-approval ends today, please be sure to review.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 26, 2022, 10:47:14 PM6/26/22
to lnc-business
Okay here is the updated draft.  Additional changes must be submitted by July 3 or they shall be deemed auto-approved.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

LNC-Minutes-2022_06-29_V4.pdf

Secretary LNC

Jul 3, 2022, 2:05:46 PM7/3/22
to lnc-business
Last day for any further changes on this.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jul 4, 2022, 9:31:17 PM7/4/22
to lnc-business
These are now approved under the auto-approval process.