Vaccine mandates

Dustin Nanna

Sep 9, 2021, 6:58:57 PM9/9/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Who here would like to release a statement within the next 24 hrs on this tyrannical overreach? If we do not oppose this, we are a worse option than the Republicans.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Chris Luchini

Sep 9, 2021, 7:06:06 PM9/9/21
to lnc-business
We absolutely have to hit this hard and hit it multiple times.

I am still trying to wrap my brain around this.

Weaponizing OSHA is pure evil genius, with emphasis on the word evil.

Erik Raudsep

Sep 9, 2021, 7:12:08 PM9/9/21
to lnc-business
Absolutely we need to hit hard and frequently over this.

Erin Adams

Sep 9, 2021, 7:27:25 PM9/9/21
to lnc-business
We absolutely need to release a statement

Erin Adams region 7 Representative

Steven Nekhaila

Sep 9, 2021, 7:28:24 PM9/9/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I released this statement today from the LPF:

The Libertarian Party of Florida denounces all vaccine mandates required by government. Private sector businesses may decide how to engage with employee’s in susceptible environments, as long as the employee voluntarily chooses as a contract between employer and employee. When the government mandates vaccines designed and bought from private companies, that is medical fascism, and an affront to medical freedom and bodily autonomy. Medical decisions are between an individual and their doctor, full stop.

Libertarians everywhere must look out for those who are victims of government overreach, unlike the other parties, it doesn’t matter what our personal or moral preference is, we must stand for all rights, all of the time.

- Steven Nekhaila, LPF Chairman

Impotentes defendere libertatum non possunt
Those without power cannot defend freedom

Sep 9, 2021, 7:28:55 PM9/9/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I would recommend the board ask that Laryssa and Whitney form a statement representing our stance.

Sincerely,

Steven Nekhaila

Sep 9, 2021, 7:38:20 PM9/9/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Statements from the state parties are interesting and ought to be collected. Here’s the one from the LPNC Chair:

****

President Biden announced today that he will require not only all federal employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but will also require that all private businesses with more than 100 employees have their workers vaccinated or tested weekly or face hefty fines. This mandate will impact up to 2/3 of the US workforce.

President Biden stated “This is not about freedom or personal choice”. This is a direct attack on bodily autonomy and an individual’s right to consent.

This is not what leadership looks like. This is extreme overreach and unconstitutional. This is a naked abuse of power and authority.

This is what tyranny looks like.

#MassNonCompliance
#WeWillNotComply
#AlreadyAgainstTheNextMandate

Joe Garcia
Chair, Libertarian Party of North Carolina

--
Susan Hogarth
919-906-2106

David Valente

Sep 9, 2021, 7:40:34 PM9/9/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
This is excellent.

v/r
David Valente
R5 Alternate

Whitney Bilyeu

Sep 9, 2021, 7:42:38 PM9/9/21
to lnc-business
A formal statement is in the works. Thanks!

Whitney Bilyeu

LP | Chair

LP.org

Steven Nekhaila

Sep 10, 2021, 9:33:06 AM9/10/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Tennessee had asked me to post this statement to the list:

For Immediate Release

The Libertarian Party of Tennessee Denounces Vaccine Mandate

The freedoms you surrender today are the freedoms your grandchildren will never know existed

<NASHVILLE>, TENNESSEE (September 9, 2021) – Joe Biden’s forced vaccine mandate that will impact millions of American employers and employees is unconstitutional, unlawful, and an authoritarian power grab that has become a hallmark of his failed Presidency. The American people should have the freedom to make the best decisions for their families rather than accepting forced illegal mandates from a power-hungry government.

“It's one thing for the federal government to require its own employees to be vaccinated, but mandating vaccinations for 80 million people who work in the private sector is a giant abuse of government authority. The feds should not have this power,” said Dave Jones, LPTN Chair. “We can’t throw out Constitutional protections when we need them most. Any edict that forces companies to fire certain groups of people – whatever the criteria – is the work of a tyrant. We earnestly encourage all localities – state, county, or municipality – to push back against the policy. In addition, we support all companies that speak up against the program or reject it outright.

“We also encourage our Tennessee Assembly to pass HB1229 and SB1163 that, ‘Authorizes the joint government operations committee of the general assembly to review an executive order issued by the president of the United States if the order has not been affirmed by a vote of the congress of the United States and signed into law as prescribed by the Constitution of the United States.”

As Thomas Jefferson wrote, “governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed,” but the authority to enact such a law is nowhere to be found in the Constitution, and therefore cannot be exercised by either Congress or the president acting unilaterally.

###

The Libertarian Party of Tennessee believes the answer to America’s political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America’s founders. To learn more go to www.lptn.org.