EX EMAIL BALLOT 20240210-01 KENTUCKY ENCUMBRANCE

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 10:13:56 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
EX COMM ONLY

We have an email ballot.  Votes are due to the LNC Business List on this email thread by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on  2/1/24.

Motion:  To encumber a total of $32,500 from account 7000.84 for the Petition Drive in Kentucky.

1) 5,000 will be paid immediately
2) LPKY will need to show that they have contributed an additional $5,000 towards paid petitions and have separately gotten 500 volunteer signatures
3) Once #2 is satisfied, $27,500 of additional funds will be released for paid petitioners
4) LPKY will be responsible for any additional funds/signatures required to complete the drive

Co-SponsorsHagopian, Harlos

Vote Threshold Required:  Majority

I can't set up the vote spreadsheet right this moment, but since it is only 7 excomm members entitled to vote, I decided better to get the ballot started and I will post link tomorrow.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 10:15:08 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
*The Ex in email title is for ExComm* - LNC members often give their opinion, just know that I cannot count your votes.  Only ExComm votes count.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Adrian F Malagon

Feb 10, 2024, 10:15:17 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
Nay.

This was not what was discussed or agreed upon at our last meeting.

Adrian F Malagon
At-Large Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Chair, Convention Oversight Committee
Chair, Libertarian Party of California

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 10:23:32 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I am voting yes and I am trusting my fellow excomm members to consider in good faith motions for NM (and now VA after Mr. Redpath's news).

What switched my mind was the news of the petitioner ready and willing to do it who may also help in VA.

I do not however agree with Mr. Hagopian that a partially fund ballot access drive which is what the BAC recommended is bad - particularly when the presidential candidate will bring in volunteer and hopefully funds to do the last mile.

I also insist on payment schedule so that we can cut bait if things go south without losing everything.  However, I understand the risk here in that a payment plan last term (I was not part of that vote but I probably would have voted for it) for New York was part of the failure.  I know that not everyone agrees with that.  I have become convinced of it but I don't blame anyone who voted yes.  I do ask the BAC and Mr. Redpath as BAC Coordinator to keep a close eye on this and make sure we don't kneecap KY or any state with well intentioned payment schedules.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 10:34:45 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Angela McArdle

Feb 10, 2024, 11:03:45 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
Yes.

Let's get it done.

Angela McArdle, Chair

Todd Hagopian

Feb 13, 2024, 9:00:41 PMFeb 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Hey Folks,

Madame Secretary asked me to Bump this.  Please vote if you have not done so.  Thank you!

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 13, 2024, 9:27:57 PMFeb 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Thank you so much Mr. Hagopian.  He can attest how very very ill I am at the moment.  I apologize for my absence.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Kathy Yeniscavich

Feb 13, 2024, 9:31:17 PMFeb 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Kathy Yeniscavich
At Large Member, Libertarian National Committee

Andrew Watkins

Feb 13, 2024, 10:04:07 PMFeb 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yer

Andrew Watkins
Vice Chair | Libertarian National Committee

Carota, apium, cepe, allium.

Steven Nekhaila

Feb 13, 2024, 10:50:26 PMFeb 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Aye.

I am just now feeling well enough to catch up on ballots - will do more later.  This one PASSED 6-1-0.