Reworded ExCom motion - looking for sponsors

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 6:55:17 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
“Motion to set aside a total of $32,500 from account 7000.84 for the Petition Drive in Kentucky.

1) 5,000 will be paid immediately
2) LPKY will need to show that they have contributed an additional $5,000 towards paid petitions and have separately gotten 500 volunteer signatures
3) Once #2 is satisfied, $27,500 of additional funds will be released for paid petitioners
4) LPKY will be responsible for any additional funds/signatures required to complete the drive”

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 7:05:11 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will co-sponsor this noting this is not what the Ballot Access Committee recommended which was that the LNC only expend $5,000.

But recognizing we need to get started and it isn't going to happen with just $5000 plus $5000 from KY, I will sponsor this. But I feel like I was getting made out to be the bad guy for being stubborn on details, but it wasn't just that. This is WAY more than BAC recommended and honestly I felt blindsided.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 7:17:06 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
It is not my intention to make anyone the bad guy.  The ballot access committee had made a recommendation.  It doesn’t appear that the recommendation was voted on by the ExCom (maybe I missed the vote, not 100% sure).

Because it wasn’t voted on, I am making a separate motion, outside of committee, which I am able to do.  I don’t like half measures that pay for half of a petition while leaving the other half undefined (which is what the ballot access committee had approved), so my motion gets us over 90% to the finish line with Kentucky finishing the rest with volunteer sigs.

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 7:24:45 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
The Ex Comm did not vote on any motion so you did not miss that.  That would have been public.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 7:42:29 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will try to start this ballot tonight, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

I would like to see motions on NM and VA come early next week.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 10:04:54 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Todd do you object if we use the word "encumber" as bring more technically correct??

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 10:05:43 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I would be fine with that