EMAIL BALLOT 20220616-02 CHANGE CONTACT FORM

Secretary LNC

Jun 17, 2022, 12:51:32 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business

We have an email ballot.  Votes are due to the LNC Business List on this email thread by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on June 23, 2022.

Motion:  Move for the appropriate staff to change the contact form to include actually emailing the entire LNC and removing the option that limits it automatically to only officers, at-large, and the member's own region.

Proviso:  It is understood that we are short-staffed, this is not to interrupt other time-sensitive tasks but have a goal to be done by our next in-person meeting at the end of July.

Sponsors:  Blankenship, Bowen, Hagopian, Harlos, Smith

Vote Threshold Required:  Majority

You can track the progress of votes here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NeIxdaskmLVPsnHpAtfMpa8aQpmy0c1gbn4WjYxXl6I/edit#gid=1441796518

Please advise me of any discrepancies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 17, 2022, 12:52:56 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 17, 2022, 12:53:03 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business
Yes

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Rich Bowen

Jun 17, 2022, 1:15:03 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business
I vote Yes.

Rich

--
Rich Bowen
Libertarian National Committee

Andrew Watkins

Jun 17, 2022, 8:07:06 AM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
Andrew Watkins | Region 5 Rep.

Pat Ford

Jun 17, 2022, 8:41:36 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business
Yes

Todd Hagopian

Jun 17, 2022, 10:32:45 AM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer

Joshua Smith

Jun 17, 2022, 10:39:43 AM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Joshua Smith, LNC Vice Chair
Joshua...@LP.org

Robley Hall

Jun 17, 2022, 10:53:05 AM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
-----
Robley Hall

Pat Ford

Jun 17, 2022, 11:23:00 AM6/17/22
to lnc-business
Yes

Linnea Gabbard

Jun 17, 2022, 1:04:53 PM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I abstain due to conflicting responses from my region.
--
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative

Bryan Elliott

Jun 17, 2022, 6:02:15 PM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
yes

Mike Rufo

Jun 17, 2022, 10:51:22 PM6/17/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes.

Respectfully,
Mike Rufo
LNC At-Large Representative

Miguel Duque

Jun 18, 2022, 1:52:31 PM6/18/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

Dave Benner

Jun 20, 2022, 12:25:24 PM6/20/22
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC
I vote yes, but I'd also be interested in knowing the projected staffer hours to complete this task as well. Is it a simple configuration change or would it require writing/testing new code? If anyone knows or could point me to a staffer that would, let me know!

Secretary LNC

Jun 20, 2022, 12:43:40 PM6/20/22
to Dave Benner, lnc-business
From what I understand it is simple.  The changes that this is reversing were never authorized by the LNC, they were just done by a former LNC member.  Members hate it.  So I would project it be under a half hour.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dave Benner

Jun 20, 2022, 1:17:15 PM6/20/22
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC, lnc-business, Dave Benner
Excellent, thanks for this info! That is very good news.

Secretary LNC

Jun 20, 2022, 1:20:09 PM6/20/22
to Dave Benner, lnc-business
And even with what I believe to be a small time amount, I put in the proviso so it doesn’t interrupt anything more pressing.

Dustin Nanna

Jun 20, 2022, 2:11:17 PM6/20/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote nay. Nothing precludes people from emailing me from outside my Region and the form being designed this way has cut down significantly on spam copy paste emails to the whole board.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Jun 20, 2022, 2:34:21 PM6/20/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Slight pushback Mr. Nanna, does it though?  You are describing calls to action by groups such as caucuses. They are wise to the fact the form is this is way and now just publish a list of all email addresses - so the emails still come but we don’t capture their information in the CRM.

The form benefits us.

I would also argue that it was my motion in 2019 that created this form by order of the LNC yet it was changed unilaterally - without any vote.  Terrible precedent.  Not as bad but akin to a secret email list being created with no vote.  Voting to restore repudiates that kind of action.

If the LNC gets swamped we can layer vote to refine but settings this back to where it was sends a signal that things created by the LNC should require action of the LNC to change.

Dustin Nanna

Jun 20, 2022, 3:27:25 PM6/20/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I definitely get why folks want the change. This decision, as with most of my votes, was made in consultation with my chairs and alternate. I will not be upset regardless of the outcome here. Just wanted to express my thoughts on my no vote. I appreciate your rationale. Explaining our thought processes to each other in a civil manner will be crucial to maintaining good working relationships among board members!

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Jun 20, 2022, 3:39:13 PM6/20/22
to lnc-business
I completely understand.  And gracias.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Joseph Ecklund

Jun 21, 2022, 12:51:03 PM6/21/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote yes.
Joseph Clark Ecklund
Libertarian National Committee
Region 6 Representative

 “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Buckminster Fuller

Secretary LNC

Jun 22, 2022, 2:13:48 AM6/22/22
to lnc-business
Voting on this ends tomorrow.

Remaining to vote:  Blankenship, Eiler/Clark, Nekhaila, and McArdle

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Steven Nekhaila

Jun 22, 2022, 10:57:29 PM6/22/22
to lnc-business
I vote Aye.

Sincerely,

Steven Nekhaila

Pat Ford

Jun 23, 2022, 9:35:39 PM6/23/22
to lnc-business
Yes

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 4:26:57 AM6/24/22
to lnc-business

Voting has ended for Email Ballot 20220616-02 Change Contact Form

The Motion PASSED  with a vote count of 12-1-1-3.

Voting Aye: Benner,  Blankenship, Bowen, Duque, Ecklund, Eiler, Elliott, Ford, Gabbard, Hagopian, Harlos, McArdle, Nekhaila, Nepomuceno, Rufo, Smith, Watkins

Voting No: Nanna

Express Abstentions:  Gabbard

No Vote Recorded: Blankenship, Eiler/Clark, McArdle

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 4:28:26 AM6/24/22
to lnc-business
Hold on, correction coming, the ayes are not correct, apologies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 4:30:19 AM6/24/22
to lnc-business
CORRECTED

Voting has ended for Email Ballot 20220616-02 Change Contact Form

The Motion PASSED  with a vote count of 12-1-1-3.

Voting Aye: Benner,  Bowen, Duque, Ecklund,  Elliott, Ford, Hagopian, Harlos, Nekhaila, Rufo, Smith, Watkins