Fwd: LNC Contact Form - Responding to slanderous accusations

Joshua Smith

Jun 15, 2021, 4:03:39 PM6/15/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org

Contact LNC members:
  Contact all LNC members
Your Information
Subject
  Responding to slanderous accusations
State
  New Hampshire
Name
  Justin O'Donnell
Email
  jus...@justinodonnell.us
Phone
  (603) 718-5732
Address
  279 Pearl St #3
Manchester, NH 03104
United States
Map It
Message
  Please forward this message to the public list, in response to the Accusations of Brian Shields.

Members of the LNC,

While perusing the public list, I saw a forwarded email from Brian Shields defending his decisions to assit in the purging of LPNH Membership and the seizure of the party assets by claiming the people who signed the formal complaint were all part of the take over and had only been members for a short period and therefore their opinions didn't matter.

I take offense to the notion that the length of a members tenure has any impact on their rights as a member, furthermore, Mr. Shield's information is incredibly misleading and incomplete.
He lists the start of me membership as being March of 2019, not 2017 when I moved from Massachusetts to New Hampshire.- March of 2019 was my last renewal sate, as that was when I became a lifetime member of LPNH. Similarly, at least 2 members named in the list i know for vertain he is incorrect about, because while he lists Patrick Binder and Mari Fontaine of only having joined the party in January 2021, I remember the event in February 2020 where Myself and Valerie Sarwark were representing the Libertarian Party, and she convinced Patrick and Mari to join the party and start getting involved at her invitation. In fact, Mari reiterated to me that the only reason she joined, was because Valerie had asked her to do so.

I further take issue with the fact that Mr. Shields took the time and opportunity to publicly slander my character, by asserting that I "take every opportunity of publicity to profit." This is simply not the case. I challenge Mr. Shields, or any member of this body who's alleged opinions of my character he hopes to invoke, to name a specific instance during which I profited, or attempted to profit from my position in the party.

Perhaps Mr. Shields is refering to the small ammount of income I get from selling copies of my book on Amazon. Well, I published "Selling Liberty: Communicating Freedom in an Unfree World" before ever being elected to the LNC, and if you check it out, it's hardly an Amazon Best Seller. (https://www.amazon.com/Selling-Liberty-Communicating-Freedom-Unfree-ebook/dp/B07C68WZF1)

Or perhaps he is referencing my small business selling liberty themed apparel through my web store? Well, that Project was launched AFTER I left the LNC, and you can check it out at www.SnekSwag.com to decide for yourself if I'm an opportunist or just having fun with a side gig in the Covid EWconomy.

Or perhaps he's talking about my current non Profit Work with Emergent Order Ltd., The Non Profit I helped found in Manchester New Hampshire with a mission of expanding the Liberty movement by growing our cultural base, through the development of a series of community venters based on the ideas of agorism and mutual aid. The details of that organization are available at https://emergentorder.io and as a Board Member, I recieve no compensation for my activities supporting it's mission. We are however running a GoFundMe Drive to kick start the purchase of our first public community center, by takingg a decades old Private Libertarian Social club and making it public. Some of you may even be Familiar with "The Quill" and have visited during your trips to NH in the past. It's been likened to the Studio 34 of the Liberty Movement, and if anyone would like to help us making the mission of our community one of true public service, you can contribute at www.GoFundMe.com/f/SaveTheQuill

I hope this clears up some of the confusion, and answers the slanderous accusations levied by Mr. Shields.

Yours in Liberty,
Justin O'Donnell
Lifetime Member, LP
Lifetime Member, LPNH
Director, Emergent Order Ltd.
Email Confirmation

  • I want to receive email communication from the Libertarian Party.