ExCom motion - looking for sponsors

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business
We need to get the Kentucky drive going, if we are going to do it.  We have a petitioner in mind.  Here is the motion:

“Motion to allocate $32,500 from 7000.84 towards the Kentucky petition drive.  Treasurer, and Ballot Access Chair, will determine how much can be sent to the Kentucky party and how much will be paid directly to petitioners from National.”

Looking for ExCom Sponsors

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 2:17:36 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will be a no unless we notice one for NM contingent on finding a petitioner.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 2:17:56 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I want to fund BOTH

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Todd Hagopian

Feb 10, 2024, 2:47:11 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
My intention is not to bundle ballot access requests.  If people want to make separate motions for NM and VA (likely the next two states), I am okay with that:  Kentucky has pledged money and volunteer sigs, and we have a petitioner ready to go, which is why I made the motion at this time.

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 2:52:36 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
This motion is worded badly.  I am going to bundle and word differently.  Let's have a meeting.  An email vote sucks.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Feb 10, 2024, 3:05:53 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
We just had a meeting.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 4:26:50 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
We had a meeting with no decision. I'm not leaving out NM.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 4:37:36 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Even if we didn't bundle here is what's wrong with motion.

1.  It commits to volunteer sigs from KY
2. It commits to money from KY however logistically that needs to be done.
3.  As worded there is no staggered payments that allow us to cut bait if conditions are not met.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 4:38:27 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Sorry I always forget "no"

1. It commits to NO volunteer sigs

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 4:39:07 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
2.  It commits to NO money from KY

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Bill Redpath

Feb 10, 2024, 5:17:24 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
We are falling behind on petition drives. If we want the presidential ticket on in as many states as possible, we should do the following immediately or as soon as possible:

New Mexico: I spoke earlier this week with someone who will get me a bid on NM by Monday 2/12, he said. I have also asked Andy Jacobs to state his pay requirements for New Mexico, if he were to go there. If the LNC or EC is set on doing a NM petition, I would select the best bid and fund it. Get it going. It looks as if no money will be coming from the NM party, and few volunteer sigs. With a June 27 deadline, this can't wait much longer.

Kentucky: Could have started this on Nov 8. We have someone in Louisville who is willing to petition for $5 a sig. That is a great price these days. We need to get him going. Now. We are probably not going to get more money out of the LPKY than the $5,000 they will route to the LNC. We should encourage a better volunteer effort than 500 volunteer sigs, but we should not wait any longer to start this drive. It's going to cost the LNC about $32,500. Hopefully no more. Face up to it, and get this drive going. This is only a 5,000 valid sig petition drive. It would be horrible not to be on the ballot there.

Virginia: 5,000 valid sigs. Could have started this on Jan 2. It is my understanding that Bob Lynch would like to leave Ohio and work Virginia. LPVA Chair Jennifer Leatherbury thinks the LPVA could put in "$5,000 to $10,000, maybe $15,000, depending on how Scott Kohlhaas fundraising goes." I suggested that the LNC fund 5,000 gross sigs and the LPVA be responsible for the rest. Jennifer said that she thinks they could do that. I think Bob will work it for $5, meaning $25,000 from the LNC.

The bottom line is that we need to stop waiting for various state parties to get their act together, because that may never happen this year. We will have our hands full with states that can't start until Memorial Day, because of no substitution of candidates on the petition being allowed. We need to keep what (little) manpower we have functioning to get our presidential ticket on the ballot in at least 48 states in 2024. Hopefully, the winning presidential ticket will help to fund petitioning post-Memorial Day.

Bill Redpath

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 6:58:00 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Then let's get three or two motions together.

I can't discuss ex sess except to say as worded this is not what we discussed as worded.

I want the money committment abd volunteer sigs commitment in there   I would like to have payment schedule.

None of this is unreasonable.

I will agree to separate motions.

But my first two requests are perfectly routine for these motions.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 7:28:34 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Mr.  Redpath, New Mexico is committing to 150 signatures with their group.    What do you think would be a reasonable motion for New Mexico?

Give me language for a Virginia motion.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Bill Redpath

Feb 10, 2024, 7:33:58 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
NM: We need per sig bids. We should have by Monday.
VA: The LPVA Chair has asked me to talk to the Vice Chair about that petition drive. I have a voicemail into him. I will compose a motion after I talk with him.

Bill Redpath

Secretary LNC

Feb 10, 2024, 7:40:05 PMFeb 10
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Thank you Mr. Redpath.  Like with KY I would like the state participation in the motion.  The NM board did not want to overpromise due to their greenness.

You know I feel like you do on getting these started.

I'm not thrilled even with the current dollar amount of the KY motion.  I think what the BAC moved was too low but I think this motion is too high.  But I thank Mr. Hagopian for putting in what I asked.

If this KY motion does not pass, I will propose a lower one.