EMAIL BALLOT 20210727-02

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 12:00:58 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business

We have an electronic mail ballot.

Votes are due to the LNC-Business list by August 3, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific time, but given the time-sensitive nature of the subject the Chair requests that you vote immediately.

Sponsor:  Bilyeu

Motion: That the August 1, 2021 LNC meeting be cancelled.

THRESHOLD REQUIRED: Majority

You can keep track of the Secretary's manual tally of votes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JcPiKpaypOO5v-sChhApYXK0QrZlMbhOyAwFbflEAck/edit#gid=1258518116.  Votes are noted with a link to the actual ballot cast for verification. You can find the time that the manual tally was last updated at the bottom of the sheet.

Please notify me of any discrepancies.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Susan Hogarth

Jul 27, 2021, 12:07:19 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
Susan Hogarth
919-906-2106

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 12:07:20 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
Yes

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Erin Adams

Jul 27, 2021, 12:08:01 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
Yes

Erin Adams region 7

John Phillips

Jul 27, 2021, 12:12:31 PM7/27/21
to Lp
No.

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 12:15:24 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I am very curious Mr. Phillips if you are willing, what is the reasoning behind a no vote?  I am asking in case your reasoning changes my mind.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Steven Nekhaila

Jul 27, 2021, 12:19:45 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Aye.

Jul 27, 2021, 1:01:00 PM7/27/21
to Lp
I think maintaining a monthly sort of face to face and appearance for our constituents is a good idea even if it is just a short one. That is all.

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Susan Hogarth

Jul 27, 2021, 1:05:36 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I’m ashamed to say that this was my thought as well. Ashamed because I voted ‘yes’ for a couple of other reasons, none of them as good as my first impulse, as John reminds me now.

Is like to change my vote to ‘no’, please. Thanks you John for the reminder.

- Susan Hogarth
Region 5 Representative

Erik Raudsep

Jul 27, 2021, 1:12:34 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I vote no. Not only is it good for our constituents to see us meeting on a regular basis but it also gives public comment an ability And I think that's very important.

Richard Longstreth

Jul 27, 2021, 1:16:42 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
Abstain

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Valerie Sarwark

Jul 27, 2021, 1:38:43 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes.

Valerie A. Sarwark
LNC At-Large Representative
Affiliate Support Committee Chair
Donate to the Affiliate Support Fund today!

Rich Bowen

Jul 27, 2021, 1:46:24 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I vote No.

Laura Ebke

Jul 27, 2021, 1:47:36 PM7/27/21
to LNC Business
Yes.
Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 2:23:06 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I change my vote to no.  Mr Raudsep’s comment persuaded me.  It’s too late for me to add the COVID issue to the agenda but I’ll be encouraging the public to come give their thoughts.

Dustin Nanna

Jul 27, 2021, 2:48:20 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Ken Moellman

Jul 27, 2021, 5:31:04 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I can go either way.  If we're meeting to have 10 minutes of public comment and 15 minutes of CRM discussion, I can hold that CRM discussion until September.    If we're going to have a longer public comment session again, I will support it.

The CRM discussion is going to also have a motion along with it. Multiple states have asked that we (LNC) enter into either a "letter of understanding" or a contract with their state party, so as to provide clear understanding as to the procedures that will occur if another NH situation comes up. This is coming from states that are currently on-board, as well as those who were coming on-board and have paused to see what the LNC is going to do on this front.  The 15 minutes was to explain (a) what happened, and how it would have been worse if it weren't on the LNC's system, and (b) a motion on the "letter of understanding" or contract proposal for the LNC to (hopefully) pass so state on-boarding can continue forward and attrition can be avoided.

I will abstain at this time, until there's better understanding of what the public comment period will look like.

Ken Moellman
Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 5:37:02 PM7/27/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
We have a new chair.  I wouldn’t mind making this a town hall meeting.

Richard Longstreth

Jul 27, 2021, 7:46:40 PM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I will change my vote to yes.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Jeff Hewitt

Jul 28, 2021, 2:03:40 PM7/28/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote Yes. Jeff Hewitt Region 4 Rep

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 28, 2021, 6:54:00 PM7/28/21
to lnc-business
If we are to have a meeting on August 1st, it would be at 8pm eastern for 15 minutes of CRM update and 15 minutes for the policy manual item submitted by Ms. Harlos, plus public comment before and after for 10 minutes each time, 2 minutes per speaker.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 28, 2021, 7:27:17 PM7/28/21
to lnc-business
I would be moving to extend public comment.  There is intense interest.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Tim Hagan

Jul 28, 2021, 7:27:55 PM7/28/21
to lnc-business
I abstain.

Tim Hagan
Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee

Chris Luchini

Jul 29, 2021, 2:08:25 PM7/29/21
to lnc-business
I vote yes to cancel.

Ken Moellman

Jul 29, 2021, 11:59:04 PM7/29/21
to lnc-business
As an FYI, it appears as though I will unfortunately not be able to attend on Sunday. I have a customer with an issue that must be resolved during off hours and they have decided that Sunday evening is when they wish to do the work. Gotta make the doughnuts...

Ken

TJ Ferreira

Jul 30, 2021, 12:03:14 AM7/30/21
to LNC Business
Mr. Moellman, will someone else be able to cover your CRM agenda item? Also, now that the Chair has established the format of the public comment, do you wish to change your abstention?

Tim "TJ" Ferreira
LNC Region 4 Alternate Representative

Ken Moellman

Jul 30, 2021, 12:15:39 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
I am inclined to allow the LNC to do business without me if they so choose, but yes, I will not be able to do the presentation unfortunately.

The CRM presentation is probably better for the in person meeting anyway.  That would ideally provide more time so I can prepare and float the contract/letter to the LNC ahead of the meeting so we can have potential amendments prepared ahead of the meeting to try to minimize ad hoc amendments.

Ken

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 30, 2021, 3:58:30 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
Smith and Bilyeu remain to vote.  A majority "of the LNC" has not yet voted to cancel so that policy manual provision cannot be invoked yet even if the chair interprets that as applying mid-vote.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 30, 2021, 9:03:59 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
Aye

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 30, 2021, 9:10:44 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
I believe we now have a majority voting to cancel the August 1st meeting, thus it is cancelled.

The agenda had only two business items, and Mr. Moellman won't be there for his. Both items are worthy of in-person attention, so they'll be added to the September agenda.

--Whitney Bilyeu

Richard Longstreth

Jul 30, 2021, 9:17:55 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
Thank you Ms Bilyeu.

I did that because I saw the agenda items had consent to be moved to our in person meeting, the Secretary being one of them. Public comment had nothing to do with my vote and I welcome public comment, always. There are certain members of this board doing a disservice to the public and this board by alleging anything else.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device
image0.png

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 30, 2021, 9:33:16 AM7/30/21
to lnc-business
I agree opportunities for public comment are very important, which is why we will have them at each business meeting.

As previously mentioned by another board member, there are a variety of ways the public can reach us between meetings...and they do.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 30, 2021, 9:49:20 AM7/30/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
My opinion is my opinion and on my personal page.  People cannot travel en masse to our next meeting.  We just elected a new chair and mandates are starting back up.

It is completely inappropriate to post messages from my personal life and “friends only” page here.

But that is my opinion and I say it in my personal life.  Since my privacy was invaded and brought here I will state that I find the cancellation inexcusable.  My opinion.  I kept that opinion out of official discussions.  It was dragged in here completely inappropriately without my consent.

I find it to be an intimidation tactic to shut me up in my personal free speech.

Joshua Smith

Aug 1, 2021, 12:42:29 PM8/1/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I want the list to show that I vote no on this motion. Thanks.

-Joshua

Caryn Ann Harlos

Aug 1, 2021, 12:43:52 PM8/1/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Even though the meeting was cancelled, the ballot is still open so I can do that Mr Smith.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Aug 2, 2021, 2:27:03 AM8/2/21
to lnc-business

Ballot 20210727-02

Concluded 8/1/21

Motion: That the August 1, 2021 LNC meeting be cancelled.

Sponsor:  Bilyeu

Voting "aye":  Adams, Bilyeu, Ebke, Hewitt, Longstreth, Luchini, Nanna, Nekhaila, Sarwark

Voting "nay":  Bowen, Harlos, Hogarth, Phillips, Raudsep, Smith

Express Abstention:  Hagan, Moellman

No Vote Cast:  None

With a final vote tally of 9-6-2-0, the motion PASSED.

The vote tally record can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JcPiKpaypOO5v-sChhApYXK0QrZlMbhOyAwFbflEAck/edit#gid=1258518116