Resolution by Connecticut (Colorado is considering similar)

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 15, 2021, 4:01:30 PM6/15/21
to lnc-business
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF CONNECTICUT STATE CENTRAL
   COMMITTEE

   - By Electronic Vote, this 15th Day of June, 2021-

   The following facts are clear:

   1. There was no convention either nationally or in New Hampshire that
   disaffiliated the original LPNH or constituted a national 3/4 vote of
   all delegates assembled to effectuate that removal.

   2. Jilletta Jarvis' actions were not authorized by any noticed meeting
   under any set of bylaws, and she refuses to name names other than
   indicating that she had the support of our regional LNC representative
   and the LNC Chair. Rather than choose to participate in the normal
   process of building a party, under LPNH or LP bylaws or by way of
   judicial committee review to address her valid and meritorious
   concerns, she has chosen to conspire with the Chair of the LNC to
   unlawfully (by bylaws and under election law) usurp the franchise of
   LPNH.

   3. Absent meeting such requirements under either National or LPNH
   bylaws (whichever version one wants), no actual convention happened. No
   vote was taken by the LNC prior to the June 7th, 2021 LNC Chair letter.

   4. LPCT is without any verification or steps by the LNC Chair himself
   to in fact verify that an LPNH or national convention happened prior to
   June 7, 2021 to effectuate that change. No such committee notice
   appears in the most recent Region 8 report, and the chairs of this
   Party's region get requests for input on such reports, of which none
   was transmitted by LPNH.

   5. The LNC Chair transmitted the letter known by him (having a legal
   background) to be necessary to file her corresponding paperwork (under
   penalty of false statement) establishing a brand new LPNH affiliate.

   6. The LNC Chair had a duty of care to exercise due diligence, and he
   did not. As a result, LPNH and our Region have been damaged.

   7. Jilletta Jarvis usurped the franchise of the Libertarian Party of
   New Hampshire. Were this our state, We would be filing a quo warranto
   action to remove her, tomorrow, and ask for costs and fees.

   8. The Chair of the Libertarian Party of Connecticut has reached out
   via text to the LNC Chair, who has not directly responded. Instead, the
   LNC Chair has justified going outside the normal framework of National
   Party and LPNH bylaws such that he unilaterally claims the right to
   condone the usurpation of any one affiliate by any one person who asks.

   9. Jilletta Jarvis refuses to name any of her "13 or so"
   co-conspirators, nor have they appeared and announced themselves as a
   quorum or having had any duly noticed meeting or convention. Therefore,
   the LPCT reasonably assumes the only two participants in this
   unfortunately sad series of events are her and the Chair of the
   Libertarian National Committee.

   Therefore, it is the troubling sense of the Libertarian Party of
   Connecticut that the LNC Chair, Joseph Bishop-Henchman, has allowed or
   enabled one individual without any authority to usurp the franchise and
   membership of the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire. However initially
   well-intentioned one or more individuals may be about tactical use of
   campaign resources, petitioning, or messaging, usurping an entire State
   Affiliate under fraudulent pretenses to the wilful exclusion of its
   membership and then claiming unilateral authority over its delegates to
   a national convention until some future date to yet be determined is
   not the answer. The LNC Chair, Joseph Bishop-Henchman, provided a
   letter blessing the usurper of the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire's
   jurisdiction and franchise to the effect that colorably misled State
   Officials in New Hampshire that the LNC or the Libertarian Party
   actually made the decision. It is understood that election paperwork
   and forms are filed typically under penalty of false statement, or
   perjury, as the case may be. That is precisely what the usurper in this
   case has done.

   Therefore, we DIRECT, INSTRUCT, and ORDER our Regional Representative
   to bring a resolution to the LNC that:

   A. NO CHANGE OF ANY KIND HAS OCCURRED IN LPNH AFFILIATE STATUS prior to
   or after June 7, 2021, to the presenting of this resolution;

   B. The Chair should be censured for gross negligence and malfeasance
   that followed, and that has alienated the National Membership at large,
   and he should issue a corrective letter along with a corrective filing
   by the duly authorized Executive Committee of the Original LPNH; and

   C. Formal demand by LNC authorized counsel be made to the usurper
   affiliate to cease and desist from acting as such within a period of
   one week, after which a civil action will be maintained removing it
   from the Office and Franchise of the Libertarian Party which it has
   hijacked under false or negligent pretense; and

   D. Our Regional Representative is ORDERED, DIRECTED, AND COMMANDED TO
   BRING A MOTION TO THE LNC FOR THE REMOVAL OF THE CHAIR; and should he
   fail to bring such a motion, the Chair of the LPCT is commanded and
   instructed to bring a motion to remove Region 8's Regional
   Representative.
   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 15, 2021, 9:00:06 PM6/15/21
to lnc-business
Colorado just added its name to the Connecticut resolution with all references to region 8 to be region 1.  There was one abstention who felt it was premature.  I would like to say that I could have gone either way - put it off as premature or pass it and said I would go along with the majority.  The majority wished to pass.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 15, 2021, 9:01:02 PM6/15/21
to lnc-business
Mr. Wendt in light of the instructions in the resolution above, I would urge you to put in a call to the LPCO state chair.  If you have objections or additional facts etc I am sure he will hear them and bring them to the board.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Francis Wendt

Jun 15, 2021, 9:56:07 PM6/15/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Dear Ms. Harlos,

Mr. Harlos has my number, and it seems that I am no longer in the loop with the leadership of Colorado as all updates from Colorado have come from the Secretary and not me, the region 1 representative.

Colorado is allowed to do as they wish, so I encourage you to communicate my number to the board of Colorado so that they may speak with me directly.

One thing that I would like to note is that I work for the chairs, not the other way around. I don't get to object to their actions, or decisions. I don't inform the affiliates of what is happening, they inform me.

Best Regards,

Francis Wendt
LNC Region 1 Representative

Jun 15, 2021, 11:50:11 PM6/15/21
to lnc-business
He asked me to relay that, do with that as you will.  I will relay your message.  I urged this as a courtesy.  It does not appear it is received that way.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Francis Wendt

Jun 15, 2021, 11:52:43 PM6/15/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Please don't speculate about how I received your message. I prefer to communicate directly to the chairs. I don't work through intermediaries.

Francis Wendt
LNC Region 1 Representative

Jun 15, 2021, 11:54:07 PM6/15/21
to lnc-business