August 1st Meeting

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 26, 2021, 6:45:07 PM7/26/21
to lnc-business
It is my understanding that all we have on the agenda for the upcoming special meeting is a policy amendment proposal and a request to hear from Andy for 15 minutes.

Is there any reason these things cannot be handled at the in-person meeting in September?

--Whitney Bilyeu

Laura Ebke

Jul 26, 2021, 6:53:07 PM7/26/21
to LNC Business
Madame Chair,

If that's all that's on the agenda, it seems to me that there's no reason NOT to wait until we're in Louisville in September!

Laura

Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Richard Longstreth

Jul 26, 2021, 7:06:09 PM7/26/21
to lnc-business
I'm willing to move to cancel or sponsor if that is all we have.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 26, 2021, 7:24:23 PM7/26/21
to lnc-business
I'd be amenable...

Chris Luchini

Jul 26, 2021, 7:29:25 PM7/26/21
to lnc-business
I so move.

Laura Ebke

Jul 26, 2021, 8:42:53 PM7/26/21
to LNC Business
I will co-sponsor.

Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 26, 2021, 9:01:40 PM7/26/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
The PM amendment is mine.  I consent, no need for motion on that.
--
   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 26, 2021, 9:02:24 PM7/26/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I think Mr Moellman wanted the 15 min presentation to be at in person meeting.

Richard Longstreth

Jul 27, 2021, 4:40:44 AM7/27/21
to lnc-business
Mme Chair, would you like to unilaterally start a ballot or have a motion made and sponsors collected first?

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 27, 2021, 4:42:10 AM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I am asking Ms. Bilyeu right now - I believe she is sponsoring one.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 27, 2021, 11:13:12 AM7/27/21
to lnc-business
I moved it on a separate thread, asking that the ballot be started.

Time is of the essence, given the voting period....

Thanks!

Whitney Bilyeu

Jul 29, 2021, 10:01:18 AM7/29/21
to lnc-business
I do consider the meeting called, per our vote to hold first Sunday meetings this term. My original post here did lay out, though very informally, the agenda.

Yesterday, I shared in an email the 4 items (which include 2 sessions of public comment) for the agenda.

There is an agenda. So, we can stick with it, or cancel it per the motion on which we are currently voting.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 29, 2021, 10:28:26 AM7/29/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Mdm Chair, parliamentary wise you are absolutely correct.  We have a standing LNC order to meet.  Further those two items were properly AND publicly noticed.  There is no need for a separate call with agenda.  It’s nice to have but not necessary.

TJ Ferreira

Jul 29, 2021, 6:38:37 PM7/29/21
to LNC Business
Madam Chair and Madam Secretary,

I disagree. But I found what I was looking for in my original request through other means so I no longer am looking for the call for this meeting. It also seems to be a moot point at the moment, since a majority of the committee has emailed a cancellation request to the entire committee on the LNC-Business email list. Therefore, I assume the meeting is no longer taking place.

For future reference our Policy Manual states:
  • Electronic meetings may be called by either the committee Chair, or one-third (1/3) of the committee members.
  • The call of an electronic meeting can be canceled if a majority of the committee members email a cancellation request to the entire committee prior to the scheduled time of the meeting.
  • Each committee member calling for an electronic meeting must do so by emailing the entire committee and specifying the date of the meeting, time of the meeting, meeting link including the identity of the Electronic Meeting Provider, and the topic(s) to be addressed.
  • Meetings must be so called no fewer than five (5) days in advance.
  • For electronic LNC meetings, messages calling or vetoing a meeting must be sent on the LNC-Business email list.
  • When a sufficient number of people have issued a call for an electronic meeting, the committee Chair or Secretary shall issue a notice of the meeting to each member and alternate of the committee. In addition to the standard notice content, the meeting notice shall describe how to participate in the meeting.
Thanks,
Tim "TJ" Ferreira
LNC Region 4 Alternate Representative

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 29, 2021, 6:49:53 PM7/29/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I had informed the Chair of that provision when the ballot was started.  However since there is a ballot an argument can be made that there is not a majority until the ballot is closed as we are in the middle of debate and votes can change.  That requires a ruling from the chair.

TJ Ferreira

Jul 29, 2021, 7:05:30 PM7/29/21
to LNC Business
That is an odd way to handle this. I'm going to bow out of the conversation as I have what I need and my Rep has already stated their preference to cancel the meeting. I'm ready to serve in his stead if the meeting goes forward. Since the ballot is open until Aug 3 and the meeting is on Aug 1... I will assume there is a meeting until there isn't. Thanks, TJ

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jul 29, 2021, 7:35:05 PM7/29/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I’m not sure what you feel is odd.  That wasn’t my intent at all.