Hotel & Flight Information for Albuquerque, New Mexico Trip

Angela McArdle

Jan 11, 2023, 4:11:26 PM1/11/23
to lnc-business
Sending on behalf of Lainie:

Hi all,

Sharing some key booking information that Robert has prepared going into our March meeting in Albuquerque, NM. Thank you for your patience as we get this out--there have been some dependencies on determining how we can best maximize our time there!

Please note: we will also be sending a note on the list announcing our detailed schedule and ways to involve local libertarians, but this is separate from private booking information.

Thanks and see you in Albuquerque!

Here's what you need to know to book:

Schedule

Recommended arrival by Friday afternoon | Recommended departure Monday
* = Please prioritize, some items are FYI which you may wish to be in town for or not based on your personal life schedule

Friday Mar 10
Staff prep and strategy meetings
Free space time to collaborate with staff and board
*Board & Staff Dinner

Saturday Mar 11
*LNC Business with lunch activity/speaker
Break
*Meet with local Libertarians ~7-10 pm

Sunday Mar 12
*LNC Business with lunch activity/speaker
Break
Free space dinner

Monday Mar 13
Staff strategy sessions
TBD Staff dinner

Tuesday Mar 14
TBD staff strategy sessions

Please note: Staff will be using the time in person to have several strategy working sessions outside of business, Monday morning definitely and possibly additional days, and we welcome board member participation at many of these. If you are interested in attending or helping us plan what to talk about, please message me.

We'll be following up with a detailed schedule and of course the business agenda.

Flight & Transportation Information

Book through ABQ airport

Transportation & Parking: Free parking plus airport shuttle available - call hotel when ready for pick up (505) 884-2511.

Hotel Information Book by Feb 20 for savings

Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Albuquerque Midtown - 2020 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107

Join us at our Ramada Plaza Albuquerque Midtown hotel for comfortable accommodations near I-25 and I-40. We’re just a few miles from the Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) and offer a free airport shuttle. Amenities for the Libertarian Party include complimentary parking, free hot breakfast, free high-speed WiFi in rooms & meeting spaces plus use of our fitness center & indoor pool to help you get the most out of your stay. Reserve early by 02/20 & you'll get a free drink coupon for Dukes Bar & Grill!

Hotel Info | Sleeping Room Info: Highly discounted $81 per night for S/D Rooms. Thank you to Robert for working his magic!

Reservations: By calling (505) 884-2511 & asking for the Libertarian Party Meeting Rate Group Code 030823LIB or preferably by reserving online using this link: https://tinyurl.com/LNC0323

Full Reservation Link: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/albuquerque-new-mexico/ramada-by-wyndham-albuquerque-midtown/rooms-rates?&checkInDate=03/08/2023&checkOutDate=03/13/2023&groupCode=030823LIB

Enjoying Albuquerque

Where to Eat: Duke's Bar & Grill at the hotel (note, closed Sunday so be sure to use your free drink coupon Friday or Saturday). Also within a block is full service Country Pride, Urban 360 Pizza & Bar & Applebee's - fast service includes Twister's Burgers & Stripes Burritos.

Things To Do: Albuquerque is filled with scenic landscapes and rich history. Spend time at Old Town Plaza where you can browse shops, explore museums, and dine at delicious restaurants. Also nearby is the ABQ Biopark, which features a zoo, botanic garden, and aquarium. We offer great views of the Sandia Mountains and just 13 miles away you can ride the Sandia Peak Tramway for stunning aerial views of the mountain range. Please see this link for more info: https://www.visitalbuquerque.org/things-to-do/

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Jan 11, 2023, 4:27:51 PM1/11/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will start a One Note for this meeting and get this information in there.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jan 12, 2023, 2:35:57 PM1/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
The One Note link for our March meeting is https://tinyurl.com/March2023LNCMeeting

The only thing in there right now is the hotel information but I will be adding things as they come up.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Nanna

Feb 8, 2023, 3:18:25 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Hey guys I'm getting that it's unavailable when I click the link.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 6:30:35 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Can others try?  It's working here.

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 7:08:32 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Can others please check because I got it on my phone and another computer that is not mine (to troubleshoot to be sure it wasn't just logging me in)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Kathy Yeniscavich

Feb 8, 2023, 7:29:29 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I tested it for you (I don’t need a reservation, I’m set) using my phone and it says dates are unavailable.  I changed the dates around and got the same message.
--
Kathy Yeniscavich
Region 1 Alternate, Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 7:38:34 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Oh I thought he meant the OneNote was unavailable.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Mr. Kraus would need to handle the other question.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Martin Cowen

Feb 8, 2023, 7:53:29 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 7:54:51 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
If any LNC ladies can't get a room, I have a two queen room and would love to split expenses.

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 7:55:12 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Sorry Dustin:(. Yes I assumed your gender.

Robert Kraus

Feb 8, 2023, 9:35:21 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC

More rooms will be opened up later this afternoon thanks.

Please try the link again this evening: https://tinyurl.com/LNC0323

In Liberty,

Robert

Robert S. Kraus - Operations Director
Opera...@LP.org

Mike Rufo

Feb 8, 2023, 9:45:54 AM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC

Thank you Robert! Great work brother.
--
Respectfully,
Mike Rufo

Dustin Nanna

Feb 8, 2023, 5:15:24 PM2/8/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC
Ok new wrinkle here. I don't need the room 5 nights and can't seem to change that. Should I just call in at this point and make it easier on everyone?

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 5:42:22 PM2/8/23
to Dustin Nanna, lnc-bu...@lp.org
For reports you mean?  And have Mr. Daniel for votes?  We don't have provisions for hybrid meetings in our rules and though that rule is potentially suspendable (I go back and forth on that due to any electronic meeting being a special meeting though that is potentially suspendable)

I personally would not begin to untangle that absent some huge vote requiring entire LNC (removal, disaffiliation, or disqualification of ticket).

Dustin Nanna

Feb 8, 2023, 7:21:57 PM2/8/23
to Secretary LNC, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Madame Secretary I mean should I call the front desk of the hotel to book lol. I have a flight already.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Dustin Nanna

Feb 8, 2023, 7:24:21 PM2/8/23
to Secretary LNC, lnc-bu...@lp.org
FYI I got to to work just now.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2023, 7:25:22 PM2/8/23
to Dustin Nanna, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Oh I'm a dumb bunny lololololol

miguel...@lp.org

Mar 9, 2023, 12:10:54 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
TRAVEL ADVISORY FOR NEW MEXICO: Hopefully I'm not too late with this friendly PSA, but make sure to leave room in your luggage or bring a spare suitcase to fill with hatch green chile related food items.

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 4:25 PM, Secretary LNC

Secretary LNC

Mar 9, 2023, 12:16:15 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Love you!

Kathy Yeniscavich

Mar 9, 2023, 2:17:23 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW MEXICO:  Reminder that the state regulates your clocks and we will be “springing forward” one hour Sunday at 2 am.

(Stay tuned for more helpful travel info by the region 1 reps)

miguel...@lp.org

Mar 9, 2023, 4:14:35 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich
We will not comply with this chronological authoritarianism! I think I want to turn my clock back by 111 years to a time before the IRS and Federal Reserve existed. Who's with me???

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

Secretary LNC

Mar 9, 2023, 4:15:31 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich
Second.

miguel...@lp.org

Mar 9, 2023, 5:05:39 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC, Kathy Yeniscavich
Excellent. This motion may not be in order per our bylaws/RONR, but per Pirate's Code we need a codpiece, a YARRR, and a Yabbadabbadoo.

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 1:15 PM, Secretary LNC

Andrew Watkins

Mar 9, 2023, 5:07:16 PM3/9/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich, Secretary LNC
Aye, me maties!
--
Andrew Watkins
Vice Chair | Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Mar 9, 2023, 5:08:13 PM3/9/23
to miguel...@lp.org, lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich
Only Brave Sir Andrew can properly deliver a codpiece.

David Dusselldorf Dassling can probably do the others.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

miguel...@lp.org

Mar 10, 2023, 12:53:59 AM3/10/23
to secr...@lp.org, lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich
Caryn Ann, as of this evening, are you still rocking an eye patch for your scratched cornea??

If so, I respectfully insist that you provide the YARRR for my motion.

In accordance with Pirate's Code (newly revised), if the person YARRRing is equipped with an eye patch, the motion passes instantly (unless there is an objection and a 2/3 vote to overturn), and we recess for at least 15 minutes to partake in rum and yo-ho-ho'ing.

If not, I'm glad your eye has healed and will nonetheless be slightly disappointed.

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

Secretary LNC

Mar 10, 2023, 12:57:51 AM3/10/23
to miguel...@lp.org, lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich
Unfortunately, no longer rocking the eye patch.  We can potentially suspend the PCNR (1st ed) with a 5/7 vote.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Andrew Watkins

Mar 10, 2023, 7:39:27 AM3/10/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Kathy Yeniscavich, miguel...@lp.org
Make RONR walk the plank. The Code be much better ye scallywags. Hoist the colors and bring me that horizon (of Liberty)!