Thank you and we're recruiting a new Executive Director!

Lainie Huston

Jul 31, 2023, 5:36:58 PM7/31/23
to lnc-business

Hi everyone,

About one year ago, Angela asked me to come aboard as an interim Executive Director to help streamline and hone the potential of the Libertarian Party. We've accomplished some great work here, but I'm returning to the tech and innovation world, and it's time to hand off the baton to the next leader. I'm excited to announce that we are on the lookout for a new Executive Director to continue the work of revitalizing the organization.

But first, thank you.

I'm incredibly grateful to have been able to participate in this role as part of Microsoft's Civic Leave program, and an even bigger thank you to all of the wonderful people I've gotten to work with along the way. We have some truly passionate, talented, and brave volunteers, staff members, and leaders in this movement and it's been an honor to work with you and learn from you. While this is my choice to move on, this has been an incredible learning experience and I'm grateful to all of you who've given me an opportunity to work for the freedom movement.

In this past year, we’ve embraced a startup mindset and implemented several best practices of the free market we respect as libertarians. We've:

  • Analyzed our growth operations and adopted modern marketing and ecommerce techniques
  • Hired the party's first CTO and invested in ways to improve our tech stack, IT admin, and DevOps
  • Implemented scrum and a system for aligning and channeling resources towards priorities
  • Identified several areas where we could be more lean, significantly multiply ROI, and overall streamline the organization into a more efficient operation
  • Honed our messaging, grew our earned media, and identified ways to focus in on the value proposition of the LP amidst the broader freedom ecosystem

A special thanks to my team. I truly appreciate how much hard work you've put in to both come up with great ideas and to make them a reality!

Working at the LP

Angela and team will be posting the full job description in the coming weeks, but in the interim you can always apply for any potential role via the Your Dream Job at our new Work at the LP tab. We are hiring for other roles right now too!

Whether you work in this role as part of a one year sabbatical like me or for a longer exchange, this job presents a host of meaty challenges, great collaborators, and the opportunity to work on an incredibly meaningful cause. While we've made incredible progress understanding the core strengths and foundation of the national LP, the next chapter is arguably more exciting. Feel free to reach out if you have questions about the role.

After my departure, I will be returning to the tech and innovation world. In the meantime, I will be working with staff and stakeholders to synthesize what we've learned in this past year--if you have any insights you'd like us to capture, please do not hesitate to reach out.

As always, thanks for everything you do for the movement,

Lainie

Martin Cowen

Jul 31, 2023, 5:41:37 PM7/31/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Thank you for everything, Lainie.

In my every encounter with you I have been amazed by your competence, energy, enthusiasm, and good will. I know that you will continue to be supremely successful.

Should there be anything I might do to help you, please let me know.

Martin

Martin Cowen
LNC Region Two Alternate

Angela McArdle

Jul 31, 2023, 8:00:58 PM7/31/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Lainie,

Thank you so much for the time you've spent with us and all of the hard work and long hours you've put in for liberty.

Lainie made some tremendous contributions to the LP during her year with us. Some highlights: she spearheaded the debugging of our membership report, giving us accurate reporting. She got a much needed assessment of our CRM and went to great pains to make sure all of the LNC and our members were invited to meetings to understand it. She instituted project management software four staff, and she also organized the most successful LNC meeting fundraiser in the party's recent history.

I invite everyone to reach out to Lainie and thank her for her hard work over the next couple of weeks. Executive Director is a very demanding role and we are grateful for the time she chose to help lead staff.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Dave Benner

Jul 31, 2023, 8:20:18 PM7/31/23
to lnc-business, Lainie Huston
Thanks for all you've done, Lainie, and I wish you the best of success in the future.

Secretary LNC

Aug 1, 2023, 1:30:26 PM8/1/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Lainie Huston
I was sick yesterday Lainie, still not entirely well, so please forgive my tardiness but thank you for everything you have done.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Blankenship

Aug 1, 2023, 1:34:44 PM8/1/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Lainie,

Thank you for your service to the Libertarian Party. My interactions with you have always been positive; you are very bright and use that wisdom to promote the betterment of the party and its members. You will be missed in your role, but I hope that we may find a way to work together in other ways in the future.

Best,

Dustin

Linnea Gabbard

Aug 3, 2023, 2:22:41 PM8/3/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Lainie,

Thank you so much for everything you’ve done. Really appreciate your creative and professional input that has laid groundwork for future boards to come. I wish you the best in your endeavors which I’m sure you’ll smash due to your talents.
--
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative