EMAIL BALLOT 20240206-01 CANCEL MARCH E-MEETING

Secretary LNC

Feb 6, 2024, 9:28:22 AMFeb 6
to lnc-business

We have an email ballot.  Votes are due to the LNC Business List on this email thread by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on February 2/13/24.

Motion:  Cancel March 2024 e-meeting.

Co-SponsorsBenner, Dassing, Harlos, Malagon, Nekhaila

Vote Threshold Required:  Majority

You can track the progress of votes here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPeQmj1CzHh4gvSZV7ZoDfXOU3kcdgy2/edit#gid=349847798

Please advise me of any discrepancies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 6, 2024, 9:28:32 AMFeb 6
to lnc-business
yes

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Meredith Hays

Feb 6, 2024, 10:39:17 AMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Meredith Hays
Region 4 Representative, Libertarian National Committee
lp.org | meredi...@lp.org

Adrian F Malagon

Feb 6, 2024, 11:20:31 AMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Aye.

Adrian F Malagon
At-Large Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Chair, Convention Oversight Committee
Chair, Libertarian Party of California

Adam Haman

Feb 6, 2024, 12:53:46 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Adam Haman
Region 1 Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair, Libertarian Party of Nevada

Dustin Nanna

Feb 6, 2024, 1:15:12 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
No

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Mike Rufo

Feb 6, 2024, 1:23:31 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Respectfully,
Mike Rufo
LNC At-Large Representative

Steven Nekhaila

Feb 6, 2024, 1:24:14 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote Aye.

Feb 6, 2024, 1:42:27 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Kathy Yeniscavich
At Large Member, Libertarian National Committee

Otto Dassing

Feb 6, 2024, 2:03:45 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Went to a Catholic school.

Andrew Watkins

Feb 6, 2024, 2:14:56 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Andrew Watkins
Vice Chair | Libertarian National Committee

Carota, apium, cepe, allium.

Todd Hagopian

Feb 6, 2024, 2:44:03 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Mark Tuniewicz

Feb 6, 2024, 2:50:18 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Abstain.

Beth Vest

Feb 6, 2024, 8:36:24 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Region 7votes No,

If we are in need of meetings to the point of discussing emergency meetings during convention, I don't think we can afford to skip any meetings in the run up to convention,

Secretary LNC

Feb 6, 2024, 9:03:34 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
The Region 7 representative is comparing apples to oranges akin to saying we can't afford to cancel going out to dinner if we think maybe sometime in our lives we might get to go to Europe.  Any need for an emergency convention meeting will be rare though some LNC will be very glad we had this foresight if needed.

An emergency convention meeting is to deal with very limited items that could keep a convention from being able to finish and potentially not have the minimum things done like electing a presidential candidate.  Not ordinary business.  Not anything that having an LNC meeting every day could solve.

These monthly meetings were set by this LNC to avoid important motions via email ballots as at least one reason (there were multiple).  However email ballots remain an option (which are not during convention unless everyone voted immediately).

Further, if anything comes up between now and our April in person meeting, there is this Policy Manual provision:

Electronic meetings may be called by either:
• The committee Chair, or
• One-third (1/3) of the committee members or two (2) committee members, whichever is greater.

Meaning we can have one if needed pretty easily.  Lastly, the special rule of order establishing the monthly meetings says that they are not held thirty days before or thirty days after an in person meeting.  Our in person meeting is 4/6.  The monthly meeting would be 3/3 (we did not schedule meetings for March due to conventions) which was discussed at the December in person meeting.  This is 3 days away from not happening automatically.

Of course anyone can have any reason for a vote that they wish.  As can anyone point out a non-sequitur.  It is up to each member to judge.

If anyone really wants to have a March meeting, I am more than happy to move one during a weekday where it will not distract from any state convention that people may wish to follow or attend.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Mark Tuniewicz

Feb 6, 2024, 10:08:35 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms. Harlos,

I do want to have a midweek March meeting.   Any day but Weds.  Thank you for offering to move it.  May I suggest Tuesday the 12th or the 26th?

Best wishes

Mark Tuniewicz

Secretary LNC

Feb 6, 2024, 10:58:26 PMFeb 6
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I'd prefer to discuss once this ballot is done.  The 12th is too soon (and have appt that night - my availability is nuts - I think the 26th is ballot access meeting - we'd have to see when everyone is)

Honestly Mr. Tuniewicz I don't think the appetite is there considering the April meeting upcoming.  Just reading the room.  I'd move it to have a vote if there's a date most people can come to.

March is so tough.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 7, 2024, 1:11:13 AMFeb 7
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Derp, I you mean March 12th, I got confused.  I cannot do any Tuesday or Wed (and potentially most Thursdays).  Preconvention is a hugely busy time for me in my various duties.  I have meetings nearly every night.  Every Tues is Platform.  Every Wed is CoC.  The first and third Tues are historical.  Every other Tuesday is BAC, likely going to every week.  Every other Thursday is Bylaws.;;  My county affiliate is the first Thursday.  My state affiliate is the second Monday.  I am sure I am missing something - I have to start teller training very soon, no date yet.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Feb 8, 2024, 10:34:20 AMFeb 8
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Mr. Tuniewicz, I have to withdraw my offer for such a motion after reviewing my schedule.  We have a meeting in April and a convention to put on.  As I have to try to find time for a personal life and March being my busiest preconvention I don't see the need and apologize for my hasty statement which I withdraw.  However any LNC member can make such a motion.  I don't think the appetite is there.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Blankenship

Feb 9, 2024, 9:01:16 AMFeb 9
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Looking over the votes, mine won’t make a difference.

I’ve been going back and forth because I have a ton of March committee meetings and state convention, but I also see the benefit in meeting to handle outstanding business. I prefer to not meet during the week because of my other obligations, but I am open to a meeting (though I’m likely in the minority).

As such, I’ll abstain.

Secretary LNC

Feb 9, 2024, 9:05:22 AMFeb 9
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Benner/Cowen, Ford/Hall, and McArdle remain on this ballot.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dave Benner

Feb 10, 2024, 9:20:19 PMFeb 10
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC
I vote yes.