EMAIL BALLOT 20221201-01

Secretary LNC

Dec 5, 2022, 10:13:04 PM12/5/22
to lnc-business

We have an email ballot.  Votes are due to the LNC Business List on this email thread by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on December 12, 2022.

Motion:  Whereas, Jonathan M. Jacobs, RP-R, CPP, has generously donated his professional services to assist the Libertarian Party of Virginia (LPVA), one of our largest affiliates, in a time of distress;

Whereas, the LPVA just successfully completed its special convention with good will and attendance amongst its members; Be it therefore resolved, that the Libertarian National Committee sincerely thanks Mr. Jacobs for his time and assistance in advising the LPVA. Be it further resolved, that the Libertarian National Committee thanks and recognizes the hard work of the LPVA members who organized and conducted the December 3, 2022 special convention and congratulates the newly elected officer.

Co-SponsorsFord, Harlos, Rufo, Smith, Watkins

Vote Threshold Required:  Majority

You can track the progress of votes here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NeIxdaskmLVPsnHpAtfMpa8aQpmy0c1gbn4WjYxXl6I/edit#gid=734140815

Please advise me of any discrepancies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 5, 2022, 10:13:22 PM12/5/22
to lnc-business
Yes

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Joshua Smith

Dec 5, 2022, 10:14:57 PM12/5/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes.

Joshua Smith, LNC Vice Chair
Joshua...@LP.org

Todd Hagopian

Dec 5, 2022, 10:15:07 PM12/5/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer

Andrew Watkins

Dec 5, 2022, 10:15:43 PM12/5/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yerp
--
Andrew Watkins | Region 5 Rep.

Joseph Ecklund

Dec 6, 2022, 7:34:48 AM12/6/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Joseph Clark Ecklund
LNC Region 6 Representative

608-618-6313

miguel...@lp.org

Dec 6, 2022, 12:01:26 PM12/6/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
No.

I wholeheartedly echo the appreciation for Mr. Jacobs' contributions, truly, and the LPVA special convention results are great news.

That said, I don't see the motivation for this body to pass a resolution on this matter this beyond reacting to people saying mean things on social media. As irksome as it may be to see that kind of behavior (par for the course), especially by one of the members of this body, those individuals and their behavior should be addressed as needed in a more direct manner (fpr instance, ignore in public, and criticize directly in private -- and/or in the case of LNC members, pursue disciplinary action if it is warranted).

Lastly, the LP has so many very hardworking volunteers like Mr. Jacobs that we don't want to get in the business of thanking them by way of LNC resolutions.

Respectfully,

Miguel Duque, R1 Rep

Dustin Blankenship

Dec 6, 2022, 12:51:08 PM12/6/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Hello all,

I completely concur with Miguel on this point. As you know, I love JJ dearly. He is a wonderful person and a great resource. However, I do not see the need for us to get in the business of unnecessary platitudes.

So, while I greatly appreciate JJ, my vote is “no” at this time.

Respectfully,

Dustin

Secretary LNC

Dec 6, 2022, 12:55:33 PM12/6/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will say one thing and one thing alone.  When someone who is not a member of our Party donates such a vast amount of expertise and time - and thus does not have membership as a motivation, NO, thank yous are not unnecessary.  A much better argument can made that the vast majority of the resolutions passed are platitudes then.  And TBH, most of them are.  And I will vote yes because it costs us nothing and is kind.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Bryan Elliott

Dec 6, 2022, 3:21:10 PM12/6/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes
--
Bryan C. Elliott
LNC At-Large

Rich Bowen

Dec 7, 2022, 2:47:21 PM12/7/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote Yes.

Rich

--
Rich Bowen
Libertarian National Committee

Dave Benner

Dec 8, 2022, 9:06:30 AM12/8/22
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC
I vote yes.

Linnea Gabbard

Dec 8, 2022, 3:49:34 PM12/8/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC
No.

My region and myself concur with the explanations given here by Mr. Duque and Mr. Blankenship. As for the content of the resolution itself, Mr. Jacob’s deserves a wholehearted thanks, as would anyone, to contributing to any  success of the Libertarian Party. Very much appreciated.
--
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative

Secretary LNC

Dec 8, 2022, 3:53:06 PM12/8/22
to Linnea Gabbard, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Please note an error in the Motion Number in the text - it doesn't affect the motion at all but it will be 20221205-01 - fat fingered it.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 13, 2022, 9:38:22 PM12/13/22
to Linnea Gabbard, lnc-bu...@lp.org

Voting has ended for Email Ballot 20221205-01 Resolution of Thanks

The Motion PASSED  with a vote count of 8-3-0-6

Voting Aye: Benner,  Bowen, Ecklund,  Elliott, Hagopian, Harlos, Smith, Watkins

Voting No:  Blankenship, Duque, Gabbard

Express Abstentions:  None

No Vote Recorded: Eiler/Clark, Ford/Hall, McArdle, Nanna, Nekhaila, Rufo