Short agenda request.

John Phillips

Sep 1, 2021, 10:09:07 PM9/1/21
to Lp
I would like to ask for a moment of silence at the beginning of the meeting for member and activist Chris Davis who passed this morning after a difficult battle with cancer. His widow, Erin Davis, has also been longtime member and staunch advocate for liberty.

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Jared Hall

Sep 1, 2021, 10:10:08 PM9/1/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Thank you for this, John.
--

Jared Hall
Region 3 Alternate

“For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization.”
-Robert A. Heinlein

David Valente

Sep 1, 2021, 10:44:58 PM9/1/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Hear, hear, Alia and I are heartbroken at the news.

Dave
R5 Alternate

Caryn Ann Harlos

Sep 2, 2021, 2:06:33 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
Also L Neil Smith.  I know he was a Republican at the end of his life but that does not diminish his earlier Libertarian work.
   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Jared Hall

Sep 2, 2021, 2:09:40 AM9/2/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Madam Secretary,

This name doesn’t ring a bell. I hope that’s because I am still newer. Could you send me anything you have on this man? I’d love to continue to learn about our past as a Party and our members, both past and present.

Thank you!

Tim Hagan

Sep 2, 2021, 2:13:01 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Neil_Smith

Tim Hagan
Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee

Jared Hall

Sep 2, 2021, 2:14:42 AM9/2/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Thank you, Mr Hagan.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Sep 2, 2021, 2:37:05 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
Thank you Mr. Hagan.  He is a Party old-timer and wrote a sci fi book that people count as leading them to Libertarianism

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Jared Hall

Sep 2, 2021, 2:38:35 AM9/2/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I now have a new book to purchase. Thank you!

Ken Moellman

Sep 2, 2021, 3:00:06 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
Agree on both.

Ken Moellman
Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair

Chris Luchini

Sep 2, 2021, 11:28:47 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
L Neil Smith was registered as a Libertarian before his death, I've been told.

Chris Luchini
Region 1 Representative LNC

Whitney Bilyeu

Sep 2, 2021, 11:44:28 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
By all means, Mr. Phillips. Thank you.

Whitney Bilyeu

LP | Chair

LP.org

Caryn Ann Harlos

Sep 2, 2021, 11:45:43 AM9/2/21
to lnc-business
I can find out from LPCO but to me that is irrelevant in a way.  He was a very outspoken Trumpster at the time of his death, but he also had suffered a stroke several years ago.  His legacy is large.  He was a Libertarian giant.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Erin Adams

Sep 2, 2021, 12:04:21 PM9/2/21
to lnc-business
I feel that the discussion on this thread is degrading to a point that it diminishes the initial request in an ugly way. I would ask that we separate the conversation about the second individual into a different thread please

Erin Adams region 7 Representative