Gideon Oakes

John Phillips

Jun 18, 2021, 5:19:54 PM6/18/21
to Lp
Mr Oakes has sent me a communication he wishes to disseminate.  I resisted at first, but this is what our actions have caused.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.  Maybe the delegates should remove us all.

A note to my fellow colleagues at LPHQ, copied now to members of the LNC:

Esteemed colleagues: I hereby call for an LPHQ strike (and whatever it's called when contractors strike) until Caryn Ann Harlos and Joshua Smith are removed from the LNC, and decorum is returned to our organization's leadership.

I have tried mostly successfully to maintain neutrality in the ongoing "takeover" fiasco, and even now will not venture now to opine on the New Hampshire issue. But I draw the line at working for bullies. As a chubby nerd, I made a decision in 9th grade to never again suffer a bully. And I have stood by that pledge ever since. It is an offense to our hard work and professionalism to support an organization that is forced to cower to the whims and wills of those hell-bent on "taking over" the party through any scorched earth policy they deem necessary.

I will not stand for it, and I implore you to join with me. We have already lost one great LNC member, an amazing and dedicated national chair, and an elected Libertarian. They have joined Atlas in shrugging in the face of unwarranted hatred. If needs be, I will add my name to their ranks.

Mr. Harris, do what you need to do, procedurally, for a contractor who is sowing dissention and insubordination. I accept my fate.

Gideon Oakes

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973