basic rules of decorum & fiduciary duty

Angela McArdle

Feb 5, 2024, 1:22:40 PMFeb 5
to lnc-business
Hello LNC Members;

We had a few very ugly moments in our meetings last night. I don't ask much of you. I do ask the following:
  • Do not insult people. No name-calling.
  • Do not goad people into name-calling you.
  • Do not encourage members to try to hurt the organization financially.
This is all very basic. As board members, you should be trying to help us fundraise and succeed financially. That is part of your job. Telling people not to pay money towards the convention is wrong. Creating an ugly scene on a call and embarrassing the organization is wrong. You need to behave like adults. I understand it's the last few months before the convention, some of you are sick of each other and patience has worn thin. I get it, but let's please get it together. Public fighting doesn't make anyone look like a hero and it damages the reputation of the organization as a whole. Don't go out on a bad note.

Trying to police your actions and perform investigations on this stuff is a huge time sink for me when I need to be focused on fundraising and other aspects of leadership.

Adrian, you've gotta stop name-calling, even when people goad you into it. You have to display more self control. Mark, you've gotta stop trying to have a negative financial impact on our bottom line. At the beginning of the term, you were one of the ones that stressed fundraising responsibility of the board.

RAWM: No, I wasn't paid for the enormous amount of work I did on last year's rally. But if I had been, that would be totally healthy and normal. I will disclose it if I get paid in the future. We make fun of communists for adopting the labor theory of value, while some LP member subscribe to the volunteer theory of value: you seem to think literally no one should get paid for any political work, ever. You don't even believe in market value for labor. All labor should be free. It's completely absurd, unhealthy, and unrealistic. And it's probably just meant to stir up a controversy right before the end of the term.

Let's get back to doing productive work.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Adrian F Malagon

Feb 5, 2024, 1:25:46 PMFeb 5
to lnc-business
Understood.

Apologies, Madam Chair.

Adrian F Malagon
At-Large Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Chair, Convention Oversight Committee
Chair, Libertarian Party of California