Credentials committee resignations/replacement

Susan Hogarth

Apr 24, 2022, 11:43:39 PM4/24/22
to LNC-Business list
Two members of the Credentials Committee have resigned in April:

Alexander Hutton
Cheyne Strawn

Mr. Hutton was an LNC appointee; I do not think it is necessary to replace him at this point.

Mr. Strawn was the appointee from California, he has been replaced by the alternate Jessica Tewksbury. CA has selected Matthew Hartley to serve as alternate.

Susan Hogarth

Susan Hogarth

Apr 25, 2022, 8:09:16 AM4/25/22
to LNC-Business list
Thinking this over, we probably will need to replace Mr. Hutton. I had been considering it in terms of workload, but there is also voting to be considered. Thanks to a longtime LP member for bringing this to my attention.

Should we take the next applicant from the original list, or re-open the process?

Susan
--
Susan Hogarth
919-906-2106

Laura Ebke

Apr 25, 2022, 8:46:00 AM4/25/22
to LNC Business
It seems to me that with 4 weeks-ish to go, that the slickest way to accomplish this is to get the original list, and just start down the line and see who is willing to serve, in order of the votes they received. Otherwise, even in an abbreviated application process, we could be halfway to the convention before we get it filled.
Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Richard Longstreth

Apr 25, 2022, 9:01:40 AM4/25/22
to lnc-business
I agree with Ms Ebke.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Whitney Bilyeu

Apr 25, 2022, 10:53:19 AM4/25/22
to lnc-business
Ms. Hogarth, can you share who all is on the committee at this time, so we may know who is eligible next from the original list?

Whitney Bilyeu

LNC | Chair

LP.org

Susan Hogarth

Apr 25, 2022, 3:26:33 PM4/25/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org

LNC appointments

Susan Hogarth

Leigh LaChine

Elisheva Levin

Cecilia Slafter

California

Jessica Tewksbury

Matthew Hartley (alt)

Florida

Josh Hlavka

New York

Justin Carman

Mark Glogowski (alt)

Ohio

Tricia Sprankle

Texas

Scott Peterson

Whitney Bilyeu

Apr 25, 2022, 4:53:25 PM4/25/22
to lnc-business
As I understand it there was a tie for the next highest vote-getters. Do I read that right?

Susan Hogarth

Apr 25, 2022, 5:39:41 PM4/25/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes; can’t recall offhand how deep the tie went.  Will review this evening.

Whitney Bilyeu

Apr 26, 2022, 10:05:00 AM4/26/22
to lnc-business
If I am reading the result list correctly, the following individuals are next on the list with a 4-way tie:

Charles Eakins
James Harrison
Billy Pierce
Kimberly Reeves

Whitney Bilyeu

LNC | Chair

LP.org

Susan Hogarth

Apr 26, 2022, 11:39:41 AM4/26/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I suggest I draw randomly and see who if that person is still interested. If not, draw again from the remaining.

Tim Hagan

Apr 26, 2022, 7:46:54 PM4/26/22
to lnc-business
Fine with me and will save time on getting the new committee member started in the committee.

Tim Hagan
Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee

Whitney Bilyeu

May 10, 2022, 5:55:12 PM5/10/22
to lnc-business
Has this been done yet? It seems there is still plenty of business with which a replacement CredComm member may assist. I would think having a full credentials committee when possible, especially in light of such demanding work, is best practice.

Please let us know who will be added? As I had previously posted here, the following persons were tied as the next highest vote getters:

Charles Eakins
James Harrison
Billy Pierce
Kimberly Reeves

Whitney Bilyeu

LNC | Chair

LP.org

Susan Hogarth

May 10, 2022, 6:22:11 PM5/10/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I apologize. I have not had time to connect with these people, see who is still available and interested and eligible, and decide among them.

I will reach out to them this evening.

Susan