DRAFT MINUTES DECEMBER 4-5, 2021 PENDING (see note below)

Secretary LNC

Jun 9, 2022, 1:44:59 AMJun 9
to lnc-business
Hello, back in December 2021, there were two sets of minutes submitted.  One set was prepared by Mr. Wilford that was never amended though needed corrections were noted.  I do not attribute any kind of cause to this other than busyness.  Things happen.  The other set was prepared by me, and several corrections were suggested, which were made.

Neither set was approved as far as I can ascertain.

Attached please find the latest version of my set that I intend upon starting an email motion to approve after there are no further corrections requested.

(If someone can find where December minutes were approved, I cannot, my motion instead will be a motion to substitute these minutes in as the only draft set prepared by the Secretary Pro Tem was not corrected).
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Rich Bowen

Jun 11, 2022, 12:19:45 PMJun 11
to lnc-business
Some adjustments to the December meeting minutes based on my cursory review:

Page 10, Filling of Vacancy for Secretary – (Typo) NOTA nominated by Mr. Moellman, not OTA.
Page 11, Audit Committee Report – Dr. Buchman, not Mr. Bowen, is Audit Chair and submitted the written report.  Mr. Bowen supplemented with an oral report.
Page 17, paragraph 4 – (Typo) $186,000 not $186,00.

--
Concordia res parvae crescunt

Dave Benner
Region 2 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

--
Rich Bowen
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Jun 11, 2022, 12:56:27 PMJun 11
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Gracias!

Secretary LNC

Jun 11, 2022, 2:04:11 PMJun 11
to lnc-business
Attached is the next version.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 5:21:29 AMJun 24
to lnc-business
After Mr. Wilford sent me the draft 5/26/22 minutes I see these December minutes were approved.  There are multiple errors including:

Formatting: The footer is broken in its formatting and many of the header titles and inserts intrude into the margins.  There are also many missing hard returns that are needed for ease of reading and formatting (for example see the many iterations of the LPDE motion which are missing hard returns between the paragraphs of the resolution and are virtually unreadable).

Headers:  Headers are used completely inconsistently – sometimes New Business with Previous Notice or New Business Without Previous Notice is correctly headed, other times it is not.

Incorrect citation of motions:  Strikethroughs and the like should not be included in recitations of the motion after the amendment(s) have already passed. This is done repeatedly in the section on LPDE and also in the Hagan Policy Manual amendment.

Spelling and Grammar:  Otto Dassing is noted as David Dassing (see attendance).  Richard Longstreth is noted as Richard Logstreth (page 28).  Received is spelled “recieved” (page 17).  Mr. Moellman is Mr. Moellmand (page 11). With is spelled wtih (page 17).  A Mr is missing a period (pages 18, 24).  Missing space between Mrs. and Adams on page 19, and Ms. Adams is not a Mrs.  There is a sentence fragment on page 11, probably should read “The motion….”  On page 33, Raiser’s Edge is called Razor’s Edge.

Items Missing:  When reports are given orally, the substance of the report (if not the exact words) are required to be included per RONR.  When points of order are ruled on, the chair’s reasoning must be stated. The teller’s report on page 13 should list how everyone ranked people so members do not have to try to collate that information themselves from handwritten ballots.

Unneeded actual clutter:  Minutes are not required to mention seconds or seconders neither by our Policy Manual and is explicitly stated by RONR that such should not be included.  After nearly every motion the unneeded phrase “the motion received a second” or the like is repeated.  Additionally, it is completely unnecessary to recapitulate the entire agenda again each time it is amended which adds unneeded pages (and was not even done consistently in Wilford draft but sometimes yes and sometimes no).

Wrong Appendix References: Multiple appendices are referenced with wrong letters in the main minutes including all of the regional reports.  Also in general, items which are useful for member information as they relate to the business conducted are not included as appendices and should have.

Wrong cover page:  The latest Wilford draft is Version 2 and updated around 1/8/21 yet the cover page still says version 1 with a December amendment date and the footer still says version 1.

Motions:  There are many missing motion numbers.  While the definition of what is “substantive” (which require numbers under the policy manual), it is a longstanding practice that anything that had a roll call vote is “substantive” and requiring numbering for easy reference by members to keep LNC members accountable. Also, the motions approving the prior minutes have always been numbered.

Misc.  Regarding distribution of the conflicts of interest, the phrase “pro tem” should be inserted after Secretary.  On page 14 it says that Harlos fielded questions and comments when she was not even present at the meeting.

Since these have been passed, an additional motion to substitute shall be on the grouping already set for 7/3.

Attached please find the approved Wilford draft (named V2) and my proposed substitute are PENDING.V3