EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BALLOT 20231211-01 APPOINT LITIGATION COMMITTEE

Secretary LNC

Dec 12, 2023, 2:04:51 AM12/12/23
to lnc-business

We have an EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE email ballot.  Votes are due to the LNC Business List on this email thread by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on December 18, 2023.

Motion:  That the Executive Committee appoint an empowered Litigation Committee to handle the current Michigan litigation pursuant to the Policy Manual comprising Angela McArdle, Meredith Hayes, and Caryn Ann Harlos.

Co-Sponsors: Harlos, Yeniscavich

Vote Threshold Required:  Majority

You can track the progress of votes here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/127e84AAeIh2dGNtJgN-vlEDkcGfMY9v3/edit#gid=1220682913

Please advise me of any discrepancies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 12, 2023, 2:04:59 AM12/12/23
to lnc-business
Yes

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Andrew Watkins

Dec 12, 2023, 7:03:12 AM12/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Andrew Watkins
Vice Chair | Libertarian National Committee

Carota, apium, cepe, allium.

Kathy Yeniscavich

Dec 12, 2023, 9:12:53 AM12/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Yes

Adrian F Malagon

Dec 12, 2023, 10:46:00 AM12/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
As long as the Sec changes “Hayes” to “Hays” I vote “Aye.”

Adrian F Malagon
At-Large Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Chair, Convention Oversight Committee
Chair, Libertarian Party of California

Secretary LNC

Dec 12, 2023, 10:48:05 AM12/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Only if the brown person puts a period in his middle initial

Adrian F Malagon

Steven Nekhaila

Dec 12, 2023, 11:15:11 AM12/12/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Aye.

Dec 13, 2023, 7:35:50 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I vote no.

I believe this lawsuit is better suited to be in the hands of the ExCom rather than another empowered committee

Todd Hagopian
LNC Treasurer
todd.h...@lp.org

Mark Tuniewicz

Dec 13, 2023, 9:50:28 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Friends,

When it comes to litigation, roles, and responsibilities....whenever the LNC itself is ultimately the party suing or being sued, it should be that same body making decisions about those lawsuits.

Creating/appointing some  committee to do this puts a greater distance between the LNC and it's responsibilities as the ultimate "decider" of how we proceed in legal matters, creates a greater committee bureaucracy, and weakens the decision-making process by having far less input on the part of LNC members...all of whom are ultimately responsible.

It's bad enough that the small EC had been making these decisions without full LNC input....adding another committee makes a bad situation worse.

Secretary LNC

Dec 13, 2023, 9:52:22 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
A policy manual amendment was made last meeting at which you did not attend.  I can send you the language if you wish.  Full notice was given.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Dec 13, 2023, 9:54:14 AM12/13/23
to lnc-business
Yes

Angela McArdle, Chair

Mark Tuniewicz

Dec 13, 2023, 9:56:10 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Madame Secretary, I'm well aware of the amendment was proposed.

It's just a bad idea.

Secretary LNC

Dec 13, 2023, 10:01:24 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
You could have came and debated.

Meanwhile the motion, had passed I'll post results later.

Adrian F Malagon

Dec 13, 2023, 11:24:33 AM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
While I disagree with Mr. Hagopian on this matter, I appreciate his argument, and the fact that he was at our last meeting to make it.

Mr. Tuniewicz,

We’re not friends. We’re not even “friends.” Please never refer to me as such and then follow it with your pompous, grandstanding tripe. “Folks” is far more appropriate. I would echo what the Sec said, but I don’t want to encourage you to come to meetings. I prefer productivity.

Adrian F Malagon
At-Large Rep, Libertarian National Committee
Chair, Convention Oversight Committee
Chair, Libertarian Party of California

Secretary LNC

Dec 13, 2023, 11:04:45 PM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
This  motion PASSED with Harlos, Malagon, McArdle, Nekhaila, and Yenascavich voting yes and Hagopian voting no.

I am not at my main computer but will update the spreadsheet tomorrow.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Adrian F Malagon

Secretary LNC

Dec 13, 2023, 11:56:23 PM12/13/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Lol I did.  Thank you.  Mr. Watkins my apologies.