Re: [lnc-business] Oct 3rd

Laura Ebke

Sep 25, 2021, 9:21:51 AM9/25/21
to Starchild, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Starchild,

I would have no problem with a question time, if that’s what members want. However I think it would be inappropriate for LNC members to engage in debate regarding the upcoming JC appeal hearing. I think we’d all be happy to take questions about the CRM project, work by the affiliate support committee, ballot access, communications strategy, development, etc.

I would not participate in using that format to pre-try the appeal that is pending. If people turned out en masse to tell us what they think about that, I would sit silent—it is in the hands of the JC.

Laura Ebke

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 24, 2021, at 11:23 PM, Starchild <sfdr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Laura,

    A town hall event is a fine idea, but I would urge it not take the form of simply a "listening session", but rather a session in which Libertarians can ask questions of LNC members directly, and get immediate public responses.

     Members of the Board of Supervisors here in SF, like many other establishment politicians, typically refuse to respond to public comment, even when they are asked point-blank questions, and I find it irritating and self-serving on their part. I'd much rather see something like "Question Time" in which British members of parliament get to pose questions to the prime minister live and in public, and s/he has to respond – except where the public, and not just other politicians, get to ask the questions.

    As always, I believe we should be modeling within our own organization the kind of "best practices" that we want to see in government.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Sep 25, 2021, 5:38:41 PM9/25/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
As there is no business, I would co-sponsor a motion to cancel this special meeting.

Valerie A. Sarwark
LNC At-Large Representative
Affiliate Support Committee Chair
Donate to the Affiliate Support Fund today!

Laura Ebke

Sep 25, 2021, 5:45:27 PM9/25/21
to LNC Business
Looks to me like we've got 4 sponsors (Hagan, Adams, Ebke, Sarwark) to cancel the special meeting.

I will be happy to make myself available for a Townhall (or whatever we're going to call it) for an hour that evening, given that I already had the night blocked off.

Laura

Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Laura Ebke

Sep 25, 2021, 5:49:50 PM9/25/21
to LNC Business
And if it wasn't clear--support=cosponsor in my previous terminology ;-)

Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large
Former NE State Senator
laura...@lp.org
Cell: 402-540-6510

Chris Luchini

Sep 26, 2021, 11:39:29 AM9/26/21
to lnc-business
I also sponsor, or vote to cancel the business meeting that has no business.