Vaping industry shutdown

Ken Moellman

Sep 10, 2021, 4:09:59 PM9/10/21
to lnc-business
While the vaccine mandate is happening, there's also an issue over at the FDA, which has essentially shut down the vaping (aka e-cigarette) industry.  It's September 10th, and no vaping "juice" has been approved by the FDA.

Approximately 5% of the US vapes.

Ken Moellman
Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair

Richard Longstreth

Sep 10, 2021, 4:16:03 PM9/10/21
to lnc-business
Can you share a bit more background? Vape juice has been sold for years. Now it can't be sold without fda approval? Or is approval expiring? Can you outline a little more. I'll click the link in a bit.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Ken Moellman

Sep 10, 2021, 5:21:34 PM9/10/21
to lnc-business
Long story short, the Dems gave control over e-cig regulation to the FDA years and years ago, around the time Obamacare passed.  It's been pushed back and pushed back, but they finally started requiring e-liquid manufacturers and required them to submit their formulations for approval as of 1 year ago.  The deadline for review and approvals was yesterday. The FDA basically rejected or didn't review any of it.  So a bunch of shops shut down today.

Ken Moellman
Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair

Richard Longstreth

Sep 10, 2021, 5:33:53 PM9/10/21
to lnc-business
Wow. That is insane. Government went on full assault this week. I'd support a free market statement related to this. Awful stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

John Phillips

Sep 10, 2021, 7:53:19 PM9/10/21
to Lp
Can we bring back tje we vape we vote thing and proceed off that? I absolutely support a new statement, I just dont want to also reinvent the wheel

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Jared Hall

Sep 10, 2021, 7:56:44 PM9/10/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Could we reach out to Evan McMahon for his input on this as well again?
--

Jared Hall
Region 3 Alternate

“For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization.”
-Robert A. Heinlein

John Phillips

Sep 10, 2021, 8:27:16 PM9/10/21
to Lp
I concur Jared, you want to loop him in?

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Ken Moellman

Sep 10, 2021, 9:08:23 PM9/10/21
to lnc-business
Definitely need Evan involved.

Ken Moellman
Libertarian National Committee
Vice Chair

Pat Ford

Sep 10, 2021, 11:08:26 PM9/10/21
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Coincidentally, at a Anti Mandate Rally today, i spoke to a Connecticut based VAPE store proprietor, who is geographically situated to take advantage of the Connecticut and Rhode Island blocked markets. Apparently, only 1 Vape Manufacturer has seen any movement on the FDA approval paperwork necessary to continue production. Shocker? The FDA is unable to do the analysis by the deadline the Gub'ment set.
I will be interviewing him Tuesday night on my own private media ... as I have always been loath to self promote, reach out to me if you are interested.

Ken Moellman

Sep 13, 2021, 11:16:34 PM9/13/21
to lnc-business

Ken Moellman