Brainstorming: Membership

Martin Cowen

Jun 24, 2022, 8:01:07 AM6/24/22
to lnc-business
I think our membership is excited and wants to help the National LP. One way to help would be to double our national membership one member at a time. What I mean is let's ask our existing members to bring one new member each to the party before the end of 2022. That done we shall have increased our LP National members by 100%.

Techniques can be multiplied, but here are some ideas.

Let's ask in a mass email all members to bring one monthly "Premium" member to the party. That costs the new member $5 per month. Personally, I pay a number of separate monthly $5's for my news services and liberty groups and people that I support. I think people are doing such things more and more.

We need to provide suggestions to our members on who to ask. For example,

Some of our members have adult children who are liberty-minded because they are well-educated by the LP parents. I have such an adult child. I might be able to persuade him to give $5 per month.

Some of our members have partners/spouses/significant others who are liberty-minded. A member might be able to bring him/her on board.

I have a number of liberty-minded friends who just need the slightest push to become a paying member. Let's ask our LP members to push a little.

Many of us are in state LP parties and we have friends there. We could ask our friends in state LP parties who are not members of national LP to become members at national.

With permission of the member and the new national LP member we might thank them publicly in social media, Twitter and Facebook.

I am sure we can come up with many other tools to make such a membership push happen.

Remember, I am just brainstorming here. Be gentle.

Martin Cowen
LNC Region 2 ALT

Martin Cowen

Jun 24, 2022, 8:33:16 AM6/24/22
to lnc-business, Martin Cowen
We could have a running contest, too. No prizes, just recognition on LP's web page identifying the top 10, say, new member recruiters.

We would need a way to track referrals which is not presently available. But there are some who might be motivated (I would) to be named among the top ten recruiters of new members between now and 12-21-2022.

Just brainstorming here.

Martin Cowen
LNC Region 2 ALT

Linnea Gabbard

Jun 24, 2022, 11:11:29 AM6/24/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Martin Cowen
Arkansas’ affiliate committee actually has in place a 5 year plan for membership growth that includes both the ideas of each member bringing in one member to grow membership by 100% and to track referrals to gain rewards. These are both encouraging and effective, and I support them on a national level.
--
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative

Joseph Ecklund

Jun 27, 2022, 9:08:19 AM6/27/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Martin Cowen
I love this idea! I think that the double-the-membership push is a no-brainer.  It also implicitly encourages basic members to become premium members without asking them directly, just by virtue of requesting them to push premium membership to their non-member liberty circles.

As for the competition, isn't there a plan in place to revamp the referral system and offer rewards? I don't know the process for applying for a referral code, but if that application process is cumbersome or costly I see it as more manageable to have it focused on folks that anticipate a kickback (celeb-ritarians). Beyond the referral compensation there is for sure no need for additional rewards, but making a competition for recognition of the top ten sounds like a great idea!

Connor Nepomuceno

Jun 27, 2022, 10:16:43 AM6/27/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Martin Cowen
One of the stated criticisms of the old system was that affiliated recruiting did not have high recidivism on memberships.

I think we can correct that by having affiliates plugged into the CRM system similar to how our state affiliates are. Affiliates will have all of the same data and tools to see when memberships are expiring and send targeted messages accordingly.
--
In Liberty,
Connor Nepomuceno