Video Recordings

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 8:48:15 AMJun 13
to lnc-business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3VIitoAXTU&feature=youtu.be

These are set to unlisted.

I will be creating a google drive folder with all the documentary evidence submitted to me in my TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL AND INFORMAL fact finding.  Assign any of this the weight your judgment deems appropriate.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Richard Longstreth

Jun 13, 2021, 9:06:03 AMJun 13
to lnc-business
I would throw out the suggestion that in order to avoid creating the appearance of having chosen sides that the video with Ms Jarvis be titled in the same manner as the other video to read "A discussion with the LPNH State Chair"

Ms Jarvis has not been expelled by the EC to my knowledge and certainly not at that time. I understand the videos are private to the Secretary and it is her prerogative to name them as she sees fit. I am expressing a concern to remain neutral and naming mechanics are one way for us to help accomplish that.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 9:36:09 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Will do.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 9:40:17 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Change made.

Richard Longstreth

Jun 13, 2021, 9:41:22 AMJun 13
to lnc-business
Thank you, on a personal level, I really appreciate that.

Richard Longstreth
At Large Representative
Libertarian National Committee
richard.l...@lp.org
931.538.9300

Sent from my Mobile Device

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 9:59:46 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
One of the parties requested I put the videos on a google drive instead of youtube, so I am going to remove those and reupload to honor the request.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 10:17:51 AMJun 13
to lnc-business

Susan Hogarth

Jun 13, 2021, 10:57:07 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Why was Michael Heise on the first call?
--
Susan Hogarth
919-906-2106

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 10:58:37 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
He was? I didn't see him personally.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 11:06:16 AMJun 13
to lnc-business
I didn't see him either until the very end.  My concern with outsiders was disruption.  He certainly was not disruptive.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Susan Hogarth

Jun 13, 2021, 11:58:59 AMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I thought I heard him speak up several times to ‘explain’ or clarify. Perhaps I had him confused with others; I’m terrible with names and voices. I had assumed this was a closed meeting by invite only, but I see I was wrong. No worries; just inquiring.

- Susan, R5

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 12:59:58 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
I SUCK at names and voices.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Rich Bowen

Jun 13, 2021, 1:42:38 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Thank you Ms. Harlos for doing this.  There was very good first hand information from both parties.

I attended the EC members meeting but was very sorry to miss Ms. Jarvis's meeting, which I reviewed this morning.

For the record, I want to state that I was unaware of any issues regarding NH until yesterday's post by Ms. Jarvis.

I state this because Ms. Jarvis mentioned that she had notified the Regional Rep of issues she was having, but I was never contacted by Ms. Jarvis or Mr. Coburn.

Tucker is unavailable today until after 7pm at which time we are planning to speak.

Rich

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 1:51:54 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Simple question here.

Who was letting people into the Zoom calls? I seem to remember having to wait for a period of time before I was let in (not very long on my end btw).
--

Jared Hall
Region 3 Alternate

“For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization.”
-Robert A. Heinlein

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 1:53:50 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Me. but my internet connection sucked so I just hit admit, admit, admit, admit

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 2:38:31 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms Harlos,

You stated above that one of the parties wishes for these to be on a Google drive and not on YouTube. I still see one of the videos on your personal YouTube channels. Would it not be best to have both videos only on the Google Drive? Of note, I appreciate you not uploading these to your monetized account.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 4:06:22 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Oh I thought I did - the internet really sucks here.  Looking now.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 4:21:55 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
So not seeing a call in with the name BigMikeTheError’s iPhone was simply because of bad internet connection? I don’t know people’s voices that well. Can someone inform me if he interjected or spoke on any matter?

Thank you.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 4:36:56 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Oh is that Heise?  I didn't know that was his screen name....

But let me cut off the whole thing at the pass.  It doesn't matter.  This was my personal call.  I could let in whom I wished.  My only concern was trolls and disruption.  That is it, and I am not going to go on and on about things that don't matter on something that was completely my call.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Tim Hagan

Jun 13, 2021, 4:43:48 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Not knowing most of the players, it helped that most introduced themselves. One participant appeared with a white silhouette, no video, and didn’t introduce himself. Who was he? He spoke at 2:25, 3:05, 7:30, 21:45, 38:20, 40:25, & 54:05.

Tim Hagan
Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee
--
Tim Hagan
Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 4:51:47 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms Harlos,

I am only asking for clarification because in your email from last night with the subject line of “meeting with booted NH members,” you explicitly stated the following:

I have set this on my personal zoom account where I am interviewing the booted NH EC members.  Any LNC member may attend.  Any nonLNC member who is not a booted NH members or somehow involved will be removed.  The meeting will be recorded for future evidence.”

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 4:53:20 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I don’t know what happened with the formatting here (maybe copying and pasting on my end?).

That should start out as saying the following:

Ms Harlos,

I am only asking for clarification because in your email from last night with the subject line of “meeting with booted NH members,” you explicitly stated the following:

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 4:56:02 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
That was my original intent and it was to stop trolls.  I am not going to argue about my personal meeting and I am sick and tired of people making this about me.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Jared Hall

Jun 13, 2021, 5:02:36 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms Harlos,

In a roundabout kind of way, this is somewhat about you. You emailed the business list with a statement about how you were making a zoom link to investigate. At that point, in my opinion, it ceases to be solely a personal matter. The LNC has been brought into this whole ordeal, and I too am trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. However, I am trying to be as impartial as possible given I don’t know any specifics outside of what has been presented by you by means of the recorded zoom calls that are being presented as evidence. Evidence, I may add that is tainted IMO because one call was with an entire group of people (the booted ExCom) at once, and another with just Ms Jarvis. Aside from that, we also have an email sent to us by Mr O’Donnell, and signed by numerous people.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 5:09:38 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
You be the judge of whatever weight you wish to assign.  I am letting everyone hear them as a courtesy and I will be damned if I will be kicked in the fact for a courtesy.  I have zero obligation to please anyone other than myself in my own inquiries and at this point don't give a damn what anyone thinks of my personal business.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Ken Moellman

Jun 13, 2021, 6:23:52 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
More to the point, the LNC can conduct it's own interviews if the body feels as though it needs more information. For instance, I have discovered more information during my own investigation over the last 24 hours, which in part involves witness testimony if/when it becomes relevant.

Ken

Matthew Bughman

Jun 13, 2021, 8:59:02 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
The events over the past 24hrs have been poorly handled to say the least. Actions taken by members of this board have been unprofessional and frankly are embarrassing.

The LNC should conduct its own investigation! The videos provided here are tainted and more than likely have ruined any chance at having a fair and balanced investigation. Individual members of the LNC running off and playing detective is only muddying the water.

We owe our membership a measured, fair, and well thought out inquiry and decision on this matter. To continue down the path we are going will cause more harm then good.

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 9:09:52 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
This is the LNC conducting an investigation. Sorry you couldn't be bothered to be a part of it. That's embarrassing to me.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

John Phillips

Jun 13, 2021, 9:12:38 PMJun 13
to Lp
Mr Nanna. I feel your angst about the situation but that was uncallrd for.  Mr Bughman was working. As was I.

Mr Bughman has experience with investigations that none of us have. So his insights are valuable even if not everyone agrees.

John Phillips
Region 6 Representative
217-412-5973

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 9:14:08 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I'm sure there will be an attempt to kick this to an investigatory committee where we would need to wait even longer for a resolution. I'll oppose that. Maybe I'll lose that fight, but I'm going down swinging. I frankly just don't care what anyone on the board thinks about me anymore. I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to do my elected duty.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 9:15:11 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Don't call my actions embarrassing and I won't respond in kind :)

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Laura Ebke

Jun 13, 2021, 9:15:17 PMJun 13
to LNC Business
Wait a second. Ms. Harlos has repeatedly said that this was a PRIVATE event, that she invited LNC members as a courtesy, that it was for her information only, that it was unofficial.

Was that not the case?

Laura
--
Laura Ebke, PhD
LNC At-Large

Laura Ebke

Jun 13, 2021, 9:16:52 PMJun 13
to LNC Business
IF it was the LNC investigating, then it was not appropriately noticed, I don't believe.

Laura

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 9:17:52 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
My understanding was that it was unofficial fact finding. Fact finding that I personally considered necessary to form any sort of opinion, an opinion which still is not finalized personally. We have to hear from the Chair of this body as well, before I could do that. This has been brewing longer than any of us were aware from what I've gathered from both sides.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 11:08:40 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
It was on my personal account and my personal inquiry as I said about ten thousand times.  The absolute gall of me to want to be informed!

Ken Moellman

Jun 13, 2021, 11:10:43 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Mr. Bughman, et al -

I would strongly encourage every LNC member, and any person interested in this matter, to view the entirety of the two videos. I personally found the two interviews extremely enlightening, as they were first-hand accounts from the actual players on the ground. For the sake of convenience, here they are again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fd6WA0jFdm_hzOeAEi41ijKYqMQdP6TC/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vhvzYg--E2-ZZBW766t30mITJ10eDJej/view

As an individual juror on this matter, not bound by any rules to the contrary, I am conducting my own investigation to form my own opinions on the matter.  My investigation extends beyond those two interviews. I have been collecting documents and I am building a timeline of events which I believe will also be helpful for the investigation of the matter. I am documenting the source of that information, if the LNC decides to further inquire into any particular item.

I take my role on the LNC very seriously. This isn't just a vanity title for me. I set aside my planned hands-on CRM training for LPF on Saturday evening, and missed time with my family on vacation for this issue. I have fielded calls from multiple state chairs, who believed they needed to reach out to me because of the chair's potential conflict of interest in this matter. I finally had time to go swimming with my 8-year-old at 7PM tonight, which was then cut short by the weather that rolled in this evening.

Ken

Laura Ebke

Jun 13, 2021, 11:13:58 PMJun 13
to LNC Business
Ms. Harlos,

No one is criticizing you for wanting to be informed here. My question arose with Mr. Nanna's assertion that "This is the LNC conducting an investigation." I just wanted to make it clear to those reading along that this was NOT the LNC conducting an investigation, as you said on multiple occasions.

Laura

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 11:15:32 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Ms. Ebke, you are not.  But yes someone is.

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Dustin Nanna

Jun 13, 2021, 11:16:26 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
It is several members of the LNC conducting an investigation. Semantics are fun though. I like to play pretend detective!

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Matthew Bughman

Jun 13, 2021, 11:22:23 PMJun 13
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I did review both of the videos yesterday and have a multitude of concerns in the premise, format, and the line of questioning. All of which I will expound upon if either of the videos are used in any official manner regarding this issue.

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 13, 2021, 11:26:10 PMJun 13
to lnc-business
Feel free.  The participants knew this was personal and that the LNC may conduct its own.  No good deed goes unpunished.  I can imagine what would be said if I didn't make them available.  In a no win situation, I do as I think best.