Status of Minutes List

Secretary LNC

Jun 10, 2022, 12:49:13 AMJun 10
to lnc-business, John Wilford
Okay I am putting this out here to keep track of things (and I cc'd Mr. Wilford on this as well so he can provide information to me).  I have drafts prepared by Mr. Wilford of all of these but have no record of them being approved (though it seems like some were approved at the 5/26/22 meeting):

EC Meetings
  • 1/7/22
  • 4/5/22
  • 4/15/22
  • 5/18/22
LNC Meetings
  • 1/17/22
  • 1/23/23
  • 4/18/22

There was an LNC meeting on this date and no draft prepared yet (is there a recording anywhere)?
  • 5/26/22

And of course, convention minutes are pending.

I am getting caught up to where I need to be administratively!
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 13, 2022, 1:02:54 AMJun 13
to lnc-business, John Wilford
Mr. Wilford reached out to me on these minutes and some attachments he needs to finalize the 5/26 minutes.  I have to doublecheck but it looks like most of these were approved at the 5/26 meeting.

I am giving a heads up and notice for the July in-person meeting (or the July e-meeting if we have it - I know the holiday question is still out there) that I will have some substitutions and/or amendments to these approved minutes.  If there are just a few errors to correct (and I want to be abundantly clear, ALL Secretaries have errors in drafts, proofreading one's own work is notoriously hard, one's brain sees what you meant to say not the error before your nose) I will move to amend.  If any errors are more extensive such that it would be more work to edit than to just substitute, I am going to move to substitute.  I don't want to clutter the email list with separate motions so I will do it at either the next e-meeting or in-person meeting.  Some may be just fine as they are, I am reviewing.  I am not trying to be a PITA to anyone, but as the convention recognized, I was "legally" LNC Secretary that whole time, so these minutes are ultimately my responsibility so I have to do my due diligence.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 13, 2022, 12:59:42 PMJun 13
to lnc-business, John Wilford
Executive Committee Minutes
1/7/22 Executive Committee minutes are finalized and uploaded.
4/5/22, 4/15/22 and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes have easily correctable errors in them that I have already posted for review by the LNC prior to either moving as a group to an email ballot or presenting at the next meeting.

LNC Minutes

I need to redo the previously approved1/17/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 minutes, as amendments (adding motion numbers, the proper syntax for recording motions, correcting that there is no David Dassing, but always yes to Dave Benner, as we are all Dave Benner, fixing footer dates) would be basic rewrites, easier to start afresh.  I will post to the group for review by LNC prior to either moving as a group to substitute or presenting at the next meeting.

5/26/22 - I need to add some appendixes as requested Mr. Wilford, and Otto Dassing's name, then I will post these for the auto-approval project.

Just keeping you guys up to date on this rather extensive project to get our records up to date and posted on the website.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 22, 2022, 3:52:25 AMJun 22
to lnc-business, John Wilford
Okay the backlog of regular and special meeting minutes (both EC and LNC) have been dealt with.  Some are going through auto-approval process, some have the subject of past or ongoing email ballots, and the rest will be on the agenda for the 7/3 meeting.  Just prior to this term, the website had not had minutes since November, and the September ones were completely AWOL.  That is not acceptable.  My goal was to remedy this as soon as possible, and after the 7/3 meeting all should be completely accurate and up to date.

The only minutes remaining are convention minutes which I am working on with Mr. Wilford.  He is primarily responsible as official convention secretary, and I will provide backup and review.  The first draft of convention minutes is due to the LNC on or before July 28, 2022, but my goal is to have a draft ready by at least 14 days prior to our in-person meeting on the end of July since they need to be posted on the website for at least 14 days for public comment prior to approval, and I would like to have them approved at the July in-person meeting.  But as you know what they say about the best-laid plans... but there they are.