Pending Agenda request items as promised for next two meetings

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 3:25:14 AMJun 23
to lnc-business

Remember it is helpful to request a certain amount of time when requesting agenda time.  If there is a motion involved, the substantive wording of the motion must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting.  Reports are due at least seven (7) days prior to each in-person meeting.

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/3 E-MEETING

Ratification of change of 11/21/22 minutes made less than 24 hours after ballot started as noted by Ms. Gabbard (Harlos 2 minutes)

Motion to approve revisions to 4/5/22, 4/15/22, and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford - corrections submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Motion to substitute 1/7/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 minutes prepared by Harlos with those prepared by Wilford - substitute sets submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Discussion - do we want to send out applications for permanent assistant Treasurer? (Harlos 5 minutes)

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/30-7/31 MEETING

Note:  WE NEED PHOTOGRAPHER FOR HEADSHOTS

Discussion on earned media (PR) outreach tools and priorities (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

Policy Manual revision re: due process (Harlos 15 minutes)

Censure expungement ritual (Harlos 5 minutes added to Secretary report time)

Can we get report on audit report (Harlos - but request to Bowen - he would need to say how much time)

Policy Manual revisions - delete social media policy and revisions to related “behaviour” codes (Harlos 30 minutes)

Saturday (or Sunday if we are having lunch in) - speaker on RCV during lunch (Harlos)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Martin Cowen

Jun 23, 2022, 3:15:54 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC, Dave Benner
I gather from a post by the Secretary that I am not allowed to request agenda items. Therefore, I am asking Dave Benner, Region 2 Rep, (or any other LNC Rep) to put the following item on the agenda for 7/3:

Motion to allow new signers of the Non-disclosure Agreement to handwrite-in the following term of the contract: "All confidential information shall be clearly marked as such before it is communicated to the Recipient."  Furthermore, all previously signed NDA's shall be deemed to include this language. Five minutes

Martin Cowen
LNC Region 2 ALT

Dustin Blankenship

Jun 23, 2022, 3:19:24 PMJun 23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Dave Benner, Secretary LNC
I will ask that the Mr. Coleen’s request be put to the agenda.

Best,

Dustin

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 3:21:39 PMJun 23
to Dustin Blankenship, lnc-business, Dave Benner
Thank you how much agenda time is requested and for what meeting?  7/3 or end of July?  (I would suggest 7/3 meeting and 10 minutes)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Blankenship

Jun 23, 2022, 3:22:28 PMJun 23
to Secretary LNC, Dave Benner, lnc-business
I agree. 7/3 and 10 minutes should be fine.

Thanks! :-)

Martin Cowen

Jun 23, 2022, 3:22:49 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dave Benner, Secretary LNC
Thank you, Dustin. Is "Mr. Coleen" me? "Mr. Cowen."

Martin

Martin Cowen
LNC Region 2 ALT
--
Martin Cowen
LNC Region Two Alternate

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 3:23:21 PMJun 23
to Dustin Blankenship, Dave Benner, lnc-business
Thank you

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Dustin Blankenship

Jun 23, 2022, 3:23:50 PMJun 23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Dave Benner, Secretary LNC
Hahaha autocorrect. Using my phone and didn’t notice.

Sorry, Mr. Cowen. I did not mean to offend your honor.

Best,

Dustin

Martin Cowen

Jun 23, 2022, 3:25:35 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dave Benner, Secretary LNC
Certainly not offended at all. Just want to make sure the item gets on the agenda.

Would the Secretary please acknowledge that the item is now successfully on the agenda?

Thank you all!

Martin

Martin Cowen
LNC Region 2

Dave Benner

Jun 23, 2022, 3:34:28 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Martin Cowen, Dave Benner, Secretary LNC
I concur with adding Martin's suggestion to the agenda.

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 3:46:33 PMJun 23
to Dave Benner, Martin Cowen, lnc-business
Duel! For offending Mr. Cowen’s honor

Donavan Pantke

Jun 23, 2022, 5:43:27 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC, Martin Cowen, lnc-business, Dave Benner
I would have figured that since these are requests for agenda items, and ultimately the Chair provides notice of the actual agenda which may be amended by the LNC members in attendance that an alternate could make a request, but if it is customary here for only full members to make requests:

I would ask that a full LNC member request to add time for the Ballot Access Committee to give a report on the status of our ballot access nationwide. I know that there were critical initiatives that were previously approved, with financial milestones, to get us ballot access in key areas. This board and our members should be informed on how those drives are progressing and what asks those states may have to secure our ballot access for this term. I leave it to the Chair to determine whether this is an item for our call on 7/3 or our in-person at the end of July, but I would ask that it be included as soon as we can. Ballot access is the most critical currently active special project that we have right now.

Donavan Pantke
Region 7 Alternate

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 5:56:16 PMJun 23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Dave Benner, Martin Cowen
I will add that to both agendas as sponsored by me

Dustin Nanna

Jun 23, 2022, 7:01:43 PMJun 23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Our committee (BAC) has a lot of vacancies right now and no chair so I think the next feasible date for a report will be at the in person meeting just as a heads up. That should give us enough time for the Chair to fill the committee and for us to organize a meeting to have something of substance to report.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Donavan Pantke

Jun 23, 2022, 7:18:12 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
Thank you Mdm. Secretary for putting in the request.

And thank you Mr. Nanna, I'm sure that the BAC is in crazy state right now, being one of the few continuing committees across conventions, but I do know that your committee's work is vital at this juncture so I hope the Chair is listening and puts all due attention in getting this committee back into good shape.

Donavan Pantke
Region 7 Alternate

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 8:20:23 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
Thank you Mr. Nanna, I will put a short agenda time request for 7/3 just for an update even if it is just the chair letting us know how filling vacancies is going and then a longer time period at the in-person meeting.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Linnea Gabbard

Jun 23, 2022, 8:55:08 PMJun 23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Dustin Nanna
So we aren’t totally in the blind, will likely be getting/should be obtaining raw ballot access progress from most of the chairs/regional reports as well, depending on which meeting we presen those at. This should prep us preliminarily until the BAC is up and running.
--
Linnea Gabbard
Region 7 Representative

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 8:59:41 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
Regional reports are given at the in-person meeting

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 23, 2022, 9:05:01 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
This is the standard form of agenda for the in-person meetings - e-meetings are special meetings limited to only that which is in the call of meeting.   In-person meetings can have the agenda amended at the meeting.

• Opening Ceremony
o Call to Order
o Opportunity for Public Comment
• Housekeeping
o Credentials Report and Paperwork Check
o Adoption of Agenda
o Report of Potential Conflicts of Interest
• Officer Reports
o Chair's Report
o Vice Chair’s Report
o Treasurer's Report
o Secretary's Report
• Staff Reports
• Counsel's Report
• Regional Reports (supplements to printed reports)
• Committee Reports o Reports of Standing Committees
o Reports of Special Committees
• Unfinished Business and Items Postponed from Previous Meeting
• New Business
o with Previous Notice
o without Previous Notice
• Closing Ceremony o Announcements
o Opportunity for Public Comment
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Jun 23, 2022, 10:48:27 PMJun 23
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
Generally speaking, if you want it on the agenda, I'll put it on the agenda. Keep going, I'll send it out as well, if that would make everyone feel better.

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 4:21:57 AMJun 24
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
Updated list

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/3 E-MEETING

Ratification of change of 11/21/22 minutes made less than 24 hours after ballot started as noted by Ms. Gabbard (Harlos 2 minutes)

Motion to approve revisions to 4/5/22, 4/15/22, and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford - corrections submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Motion to substitute 1/7/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 minutes prepared by Harlos with those prepared by Wilford - substitute sets submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Discussion - do we want to send out applications for permanent assistant Treasurer? (Harlos 5 minutes)

Ballot Access Brief Update (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

Motion to allow new signers of the Non-disclosure Agreement to handwrite-in the following term of the contract: "All confidential information shall be clearly maarked as such before it is communicated to the Recipient."  Furthermore, all previously signed NDAs shall be deemed to include this language. (Blankenship 10 minutes) Note: there is a question that the NDA forwarded to us is not the NDA the LNC standardized, Moellman to research

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/30-7/31 MEETING

Note:  WE NEED PHOTOGRAPHER FOR HEADSHOTS

Discussion on earned media (PR) outreach tools and priorities (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

Policy Manual revision re: due process (Harlos 15 minutes)

Censure expungement ritual (Harlos 5 minutes added to Secretary report time)

Can we get report on audit report (Harlos - but request to Bowen - he would need to say how much time)

Policy Manual revisions - delete social media policy and revisions to related “behaviour” codes (Harlos 30 minutes)

Saturday (or Sunday if we are having lunch in) - speaker on RCV during lunch (Harlos)

Extended time for Ballot Access report (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 4:47:50 AMJun 24
to lnc-business, Dustin Nanna
I needed to add items from Mr. Nekhaila and myself from another email thread:

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/3 E-MEETING

Ratification of change of 11/21/22 minutes made less than 24 hours after ballot started as noted by Ms. Gabbard (Harlos 2 minutes)

Motion to approve revisions to 4/5/22, 4/15/22, and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford - corrections submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Motion to substitute 1/7/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 minutes prepared by Harlos with those prepared by Wilford - substitute sets submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Discussion - do we want to send out applications for permanent assistant Treasurer? (Harlos 5 minutes)

Ballot Access Brief Update (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

Policy Manual change – remove artificial limit on committees that an LNC member can serve on (Harlos 10 minutes)

Preliminary discussion of issue with Snowden video (Harlos 10 minutes)

[...]

Request for status from staff on updating contact form (Harlos 5 minutes)

Discussion on earned media (PR) outreach tools and priorities (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

Discussion on Learning Management and Liberty University (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Rich Bowen

Jun 24, 2022, 1:39:22 PMJun 24
to lnc-business
Madam Chair and Madam Secretary,

Requesting 15 minutes at the next in person meeting to discuss the 2021 independent financial audit and answer questions relating to.

Rich

--
Rich Bowen
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Jun 24, 2022, 1:47:45 PMJun 24
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Gracias

Secretary LNC

Jun 25, 2022, 11:46:26 AMJun 25
to lnc-business
Latest revision.  Agenda items for the meeting on the 3rd are due tomorrow. On Monday I will prepare a proposed draft agenda for the Chair.

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/3 E-MEETING

Ratification of change of 11/21/22 minutes made less than 24 hours after ballot started as noted by Ms. Gabbard (Harlos 2 minutes)

Motion to approve revisions to 4/5/22, 4/15/22, and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford - corrections submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Motion to substitute 12/4-5/21, 1/7/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 LNC minutes prepared by Harlos with those prepared by Wilford - substitute sets submitted to list (Harlos 5 minutes)

Motion to approve 5/26/22 draft LNC minutes - previously submitted to list (Harlos 2 minutes)

Discussion - do we want to send out applications for permanent assistant Treasurer? (Harlos 5 minutes)

Ballot Access Brief Update (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

Policy Manual change – remove artificial limit on committees that an LNC member can serve on (Harlos 10 minutes)

Preliminary discussion of issue with Snowden video (Harlos 10 minutes)

Motion to allow new signers of the Non-disclosure Agreement to handwrite-in the following term of the contract: "All confidential information shall be clearly maarked as such before it is communicated to the Recipient."  Furthermore, all previously signed NDAs shall be deemed to include this language. (Blankenship 10 minutes) Note: there is a question that the NDA forwarded to us is not the NDA the LNC standardized, Moellman to research

Amend something previously adopted - email contact form - while adding “contact all LNC” retain the current “Contact your representatives” button (Harlos - 5 minutes)

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/30-7/31 MEETING

Note:  WE NEED PHOTOGRAPHER FOR HEADSHOTS

Discussion on earned media (PR) outreach tools and priorities (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

Policy Manual revision re: due process (Harlos 15 minutes)

Censure expungement ritual (Harlos 5 minutes added to Secretary report time)

Policy Manual revisions - delete social media policy and revisions to related “behaviour” codes (Harlos 30 minutes)

Saturday (or Sunday if we are having lunch in) - speaker on RCV during lunch (Harlos)

Extended time for Ballot Access report (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

Request for status from staff on updating contact form (Harlos 5 minutes)

Discussion on Learning Management and Liberty University (Nekhaila 15 minutes)

Discuss the 2021 independent financial audit and answer questions relating to. (Bowen 15 minutes)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Jun 25, 2022, 2:38:36 PMJun 25
to lnc-business
All looks fine to me. Any updates on a photographer?

Angela McArdle

Jun 25, 2022, 2:40:20 PMJun 25
to lnc-business
Also, let's add hootsuite request to the agenda.

Secretary LNC

Jun 25, 2022, 2:53:28 PMJun 25
to lnc-business
Mdm Chair to the 7/3 or Alexandria agenda?  And how much time?

I will get with Mr. Harris and Mr. Kraus on retaining a photographer.  I wish Ms. O'Brien wasn't so far away, her photographs are extraordinary.  Mr. Smotz also takes excellent photos.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 25, 2022, 11:41:13 PMJun 25
to lnc-business
Updated - Including motion language where I have it.  Sunday is the deadline for submitting items for the 7/3 meeting.

ITEMS REQUESTED FOR 7/3 E-MEETING

Regarding Minutes (Harlos total-15 minutes):

·      That the change to the 11/21/22 minutes made less than 24 hours after ballot started as noted by Ms. Gabbard be ratified as part of the approval made in Ballot 20220609-01

·      That the amendments to 4/5/22, 4/15/22, and 5/18/22 Executive Committee minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford and approved by the LNC on 5/26/22 be approved.

·       That the 12/4-5/21, 1/7/22, 1/23/22, and 4/18/22 LNC minutes previously prepared by Mr. Wilford and approved by the LNC on 5/26/22 be substituted with the revised minutes prepared by Ms. Harlos.

·      That 5/26/22 draft LNC minutes jointly prepared by Ms. Harlos and Mr. Wilford be approved.

Discussion - do we want to send out applications for permanent assistant Treasurer? (Harlos 5 minutes)

Ballot Access Brief Update (Harlos on behalf of Pantke)

Policy Manual change – remove artificial limit on committees that an LNC member can serve on (Harlos 10 minutes)

That Policy Manual Section 1.03(2) be deleted as follows:

·       2)         LNC Committee Appointments

No person appointed by the LNC as a voting member to serve on three (3) or more standing, special, or Bylaws-created committees shall be eligible to be appointed by the LNC to serve as a voting member on any additional standing or special committee. For purposes of determining eligibility, neither the LNC Executive Committee nor any Chair Advisory Committees shall count.

Preliminary discussion of issue with Snowden video (Harlos 10 minutes)

Motion regarding NDA (Blankenship 10 minutes)

·      That all new signers of the Non-disclosure Agreement be permitted to handwrite-in the following term of the contract: "All confidential information shall be clearly marked as such before it is communicated to the Recipient."  Furthermore, all previously signed NDAs shall be deemed to include this language.

Amend something previously adopted - email contact form - while adding “contact all LNC” retain the current “Contact your representatives” button (Harlos - 5 minutes)

·       Motion 20220616-02: Move for the appropriate staff to change the contact form to include actually emailing the entire LNC and removing the option that limits it automatically to only officers, at-large, and the member's own region.  Proviso:  It is understood that we are short-staffed, this is not to interrupt other time-sensitive tasks but have a goal to be done by our next in-person meeting at the end of July.

·

Policy Manual Change (Harlos 10 minutes)

·      That Policy Manual Section 5.01 “Social Media Policy” be deleted.

Hootsuite request (awaiting clarification from Chair if to be this meeting and how long)

Any items not reached will automatically be placed on the agenda for the 7/30-7/31/22 agenda or can be moved via email.

[...]

Angela McArdle

Jun 26, 2022, 9:44:52 AMJun 26
to lnc-business
I intended that for 7/3

Secretary LNC

Jun 26, 2022, 11:21:57 AMJun 26
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Okay I’ll get that there

Secretary LNC

Jun 26, 2022, 12:16:36 PMJun 26
to lnc-business
Mdm Chair is there a general wording olf a motion - in special meetings the substantive text of the motion needs to be provided within seven days.

So it can be something such as

That the amount of XX be approved to purchase a Hootsuite license for use by the social media team.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jun 26, 2022, 4:31:30 PMJun 26
to lnc-business
The Chair sent me notice of this: Motion: replace the national party's meltwater account with the $129/month Hootsuite plan.

Dustin Nanna

Jun 27, 2022, 4:52:27 PMJun 27
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I request 30 min at the July in person meeting for CRM background and update to be given by Ken Moellman.

Dustin Nanna

Region 3 Representative, Libertarian National Committee

740-816-9805

Secretary LNC

Jun 27, 2022, 4:59:25 PMJun 27
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Gotcha

Angela McArdle

Jun 27, 2022, 6:42:52 PMJun 27
to lnc-business
Thanks, Dustin. I think that's a good idea.
Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee