THREAD FOR NOTICE OF ITEMS FOR 1/8/23 E-MEETING

Secretary LNC

Dec 14, 2022, 1:36:35 PM12/14/22
to lnc-business, Secretary LNC
I will post in this thread the exact language but the following items have already been noticed:

Filling vacancy on Awards Committee
Policy Manual Amendments coming out of Chair's ad hoc Policy Manual Committee
Resolution concerning LP News
Two budget motions concerning committees (Affiliate Support and Historical Preservation)

I would like to add closing with executive session for any legal updates, if necessary.

Post your notices here for other items (again the exact languages for the above will also be posted here).

LAST DAY TO GIVE NOTICE IS 1/1/23
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Dec 14, 2022, 3:27:45 PM12/14/22
to lnc-bu...@lp.org, Secretary LNC
For our 1/8 meeting:

Official sponsorship/involvement with the Independent National Council event April 3 - 5th in Austin. TX.

Official co-sponsorship for the Rage Against the War Machine rally in DC on Feb 19th.

I will post official motion language as we get closer.
Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Dec 14, 2022, 10:21:37 PM12/14/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Okay the Chair's Advisory Policy Manual Committee has finished its "tightening up" run through and attached are our recommended amendments.  These will be presented in two bulk motions (which of course any part can be divided if needed).  First motion, pass the changes to Part One: Special Rules of Order: second motion, pass the changes to the Standing Rules.  If these changes pass we will be very close to 45 pages.  Down from about 90 as a starting point when this term first started.

After this there are some sections we are waiting on input from Committee Chair and the Treasurer but our work will be primarily done and we will be on standby to work on any Policy Manual issues referred to us by the LNC.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Policy Manual Proposals-Nov-Dec.docx

Secretary LNC

Dec 15, 2022, 11:14:27 AM12/15/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Here is the language that was postponed from the Ford motion at the budget meeting:

Ford moved to amend at $17,500 is taken from the Outreach and Activism General Expense Budget (line 7000-81) and be placed into a new minor GL code “Affiliate Support” under the Core Services Budget Section (line 7000-84).

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 15, 2022, 11:18:37 AM12/15/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
My proposed language for the Historical Committee budget line (this will be zero impact):

Move to add new revenue sub-GL 4000-60 Historical Preservation in the amount of $2500 and a new expense sub-GL of 7000-90 Historical Preservation in the amount of $2500.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 15, 2022, 11:19:52 AM12/15/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
The proposed resolution language for LP News is: Resolved, the Libertarian National Committee directs staff to make arrangements to produce two physical editions of LP News in 2023 to every member that has not opted out in favor of digital copies.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 23, 2022, 12:10:39 PM12/23/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Reminder Mdm Chair for official language for your motions.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Dec 31, 2022, 4:47:56 PM12/31/22
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Reminder to everyone.  Notice with specific language is due by midnight Pacific time tomorrow.

Mdm Chair, I will have a draft agenda for you on Monday.

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Angela McArdle

Jan 1, 2023, 9:36:35 PM1/1/23
to Secretary LNC, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Following up on my two notice items:

Motions:
I move that Libertarian Party list themselves as participants of the Independent National Council event April 3 - 5th in Austin, TX.

I move that the Libertarian Party officially endorse the Rage Against War rally on February 19th, in Washington DC and donate $1500 towards the event.

I move that we adopt a contract to hire Lainie Huston as our executive director. That contract will be provided to the secretary to distribute off list confidentially and discussion of this agenda item will take place in executive session.

Angela McArdle, Chair
Libertarian National Committee

Secretary LNC

Jan 3, 2023, 9:43:54 AM1/3/23
to Angela McArdle, lnc-bu...@lp.org
Four LNC members/alternates still need to register:

Joseph Ecklund
Robley Hall
David Dasling
Steven Nekhaila

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Otto Dassing

Jan 3, 2023, 1:56:38 PM1/3/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
My apologies. I registered for the Bylaws Committee meeting by accident thinking it was the Jan 8 meeting.

Secretary LNC

Jan 3, 2023, 2:07:07 PM1/3/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
LOL  you can come to that too if you like :)

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

Secretary LNC

Jan 5, 2023, 12:55:35 PM1/5/23
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
Still missing