Motion to Censure the Chair

Joshua Smith

Jun 16, 2021, 11:07:52 AMJun 16
to lnc-bu...@lp.org

I move that the LNC chair be censured for failing to perform the duties of the chair properly, circumventing our own bylaws, failing in his duty to be impartial, and allowing a vote to take place in regards to stolen property knowing that the legitimate entity of the LPNH and owner of said property was the one with Mr. Peltier as the Chairman.

On June 7th, Mr. Bishop-Henchman did supply a letter to Mrs. Jarvis, the prior Chair of the LPNH. He has stated that he may or may not have known the intentions, but upon reviewing the situation with Mrs. Jarvis, she made it abundantly clear that she stated her purpose with the letter to Mr. Bishop-Henchman. He effectively stepped in to a state party dispute without approval from the board in which he is beholden to in these types of situations.

Mr. Bishop-Henchman did knowingly carry out this action without the 3/4 approval of the LNC for dissafiliation that is stated in our bylaws.

On 6/15 in an address to this board, Mr. Bishop-Henchman showed his bias when he publicly attacked an entire faction of this party, effectively drawing ideological lines in the sand, and shutting down his responsibility to neutrality. In the same address to this body, he stated that Mrs. Jarvis was expecting there to be a fight over the party's digital assets BEFORE he gave her the letter. Further proof that he knew what the letter was for, and was completely sidestepping our processes.

During the 6/15 LP Excom meeting, Mr. Bishop-Henchman stated that he didn't know who was or wasn't the official entity of the LPNH, and voted not to return stolen property to our own party members. Just a few hours later, Mr. Bishop-Henchman put forth a motion to dissafiliate the entity which has Mr. Peltier as the Chair effectively showing that he did understand who the rightful affiliate was in the LPNH, and becoming a party to theft and fraud violating the pledge he signed when he became a member of this party we were elected to govern.

The Chairman has a fundamental misunderstanding of this organization, in that it is not led by only a chair. It belongs to the membership, and the ELECTED governing body.

Furthermore, the state does not dictate who is and isn't our recognized state affiliates. They do not tell us who and who not to disaffiliate. This bit of information has been nothing more than a red herring.

For these reasons, this board MUST publicly censure Mr. Bishop-Henchman so that the thousands of dues paying party members of this party we were elected to represent can see that we do not stand against our own processes and principles.

In liberty,

Joshua Smith

At-Large Representative

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 16, 2021, 2:30:36 PMJun 16
to lnc-business
I am waiting for the results of my appeal.  Censures are mere slaps on the wrist.  There is a request from state chairs to at least two regionals to bring a motion to remove.  Absent such a motion, I would prefer a resolution of the LNC asking the Chair to resign.  If that could be part of the censure I would co-sponsor.
   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Joshua Smith

Jun 16, 2021, 2:39:56 PMJun 16
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I will be bringing such a motion. The censure is a start, and a good faith effort to show those enraged that some on this board are willing to condemn these outrageous actions publicly.

Please support it. It's all laid out in the motion.

Thank you,
Joshua

Caryn Ann Harlos

Jun 16, 2021, 3:06:52 PMJun 16
to lnc-business
Let's work with other members on good wording.  Maybe meet tonight?

   In Liberty,

LNC Secretary | secr...@lp.org | 561.523.2250

Joshua Smith

Jun 16, 2021, 3:11:58 PMJun 16
to lnc-bu...@lp.org
I have my show tonight till 830 central.