Proposals to extend Credentials Committee Appointment lenght

Secretary LNC

Jan 18, 2023, 4:37:36 PM1/18/23
to bylaws-committee-2024
Attached.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250
Proposal M - Length Credentials Committee Appointment.docx

Ken Moellman

Jan 18, 2023, 8:12:01 PM1/18/23
to bylaws-com...@lp.org, Secretary LNC

May I suggest a "fall-back" clause?  If the state parties entitled to make these appointments don't have their stuff together and fail to submit someone in a timely manner, then they lose their appointment and either the next state affiliate in line or the LNC gets to fill the vacancy. I don't really care which one, and maybe both work - fall back at the 60-day mark to the next affiliate, and the LNC appoints at the 45-day or 30-day mark?  I think keeping a fire lit under the state parties to actually submit this information on-time is important.

---
Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
Executive Director
Libertarian Party of Kentucky
--
Committee members, download the Proposal Form here: https://tinyurl.com/2024Bylaws-SubmissionForm
---

Secretary LNC

Jan 18, 2023, 8:15:25 PM1/18/23
to Ken Moellman, bylaws-com...@lp.org
After the deadline, it doesn't affect quorum so does it really matter?  I think the right to appoint entails the right to not appoint.  I've been platcomm chair three times and don't believe ever had a state not appoint.  Wait until last minute yes.

A bigger potential problem is having appointments and they not show up. One state last term made appointments and they never showed up.

Secretary LNC

Jan 18, 2023, 10:50:23 PM1/18/23
to Ken Moellman, bylaws-com...@lp.org
Oh sorry I thought your comment Mr. Moellman was for Platform.  I would have to hear whether this has been an issue for credentials.