Elections set ordering

Tom Rowlette

Feb 2, 2024, 3:50:55 PMFeb 2
to Bylaws Committee 2024
I'm curious, especially from Mr. Latham, about the best way to order R, P, and P1.  Do they all three belong together, and if some pass and others don't does it cause issues?  If you were a new delegate, which ordering makes the most sense for ease of understanding?

Secretary LNC

Feb 2, 2024, 3:52:39 PMFeb 2
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
We were getting rid of one of the Ps, so the question is evoting and RCV.  I think we need evoting considered first.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

--
Committee members, download the Proposal Form here: https://tinyurl.com/2024Bylaws-SubmissionForm
---

Rob Latham

Feb 2, 2024, 5:19:56 PMFeb 2
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Not challenging, but seeking clarity on what needs to happen to P1 "to be made to have it fit into current structure" ... caught part of that post-meeting discussion last night, but not the full gist.

Sat down to try to reconcile P and P1 into a single document, then realized I'm not sure what's desired.

What's intended as to those two proposals and/or making P1 better fit into the ?

On the agenda order between R - Ranked Choice Voting and P1 - Allow Electronic Balloting ... right now I don't have a strong preference either way. Noting that in my current ranking I have R - Ranked Choice Voting ahead of P1 - Allow Electronic Balloting, but acknowledging Dr. Moulton's and Chair Harlos's preference that P1 - Allow Electronic Balloting be considered before R - Ranked Choice Voting. Agreeing that they should be grouped in proximity to one another.

A concern is that P1 - Allow Electronic Balloting would seem to be a greater cognitive lift for delegates (especially new ones), and especially if elements of P - Balloting Rules Rewrite are incorporated into it, which would argue in favor of considering R - Ranked Choice Voting before P1 - Allow Electronic Balloting.

In liberty,

Rob Latham

Secretary LNC

Feb 2, 2024, 6:18:49 PMFeb 2
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
I'll put together something to show what I mean.