Proposal Z - Combined LNC cleanup (combine articles, fix removal language, remove regionals and super regions, add transparency)

Secretary LNC

May 4, 2023, 4:27:36 PM5/4/23
to bylaws-committee-2024
See attached proposal.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250
Proposal Z - Combined LNC Cleanup and Revisions.docx

Paul Bracco

May 4, 2023, 8:47:00 PM5/4/23
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
Madam Chair, point of information.

The title of the proposal within the document as well as the link to the proposal in the agenda indicate that this is Proposal Y, but the subject line of this thread as well as the naming convention of the file indicate that this is Proposal Z. Is there another Proposal Y that's already been made? If not are we skipping Proposal Y?

Paul Bracco

May 4, 2023, 11:55:58 PM5/4/23
to bylaws-com...@lp.org
It is Y, not Z, sorry

In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250

TRowlette

Sep 5, 2023, 1:41:33 AM9/5/23
to Bylaws Committee 2024, secr...@lp.org
OK, I've organized my thoughts on this.

In its current form, I oppose proposal Y.  It's 4 different proposals with 4 different subjects.  The style - mostly location - of the last three proposals is dependent on whether or not the first part of Y is adopted by the delegates.  (Part 3 depends a little on part 2, but only tangantally).

Of those proposal parts, 3 make substantive changes.  The first part of the proposal isn't a substantive change - it just combines two sections of the bylaws that should have been one section to begin with.

I'll grant you that articles 6 and 7 should be combined; the document would read better and be shorter.  If that part stood by itself I would be in favor of it.  However, the fact that it makes the next few proposals a choose-your-own-adventure makes the cost too high.  Changes to substance are more important than the beauty of the document.

So when we get to Y I'm planning on voting against the first part of it, and then moving that we take up each other part individually.  If part 1 is voted down, that would make the next sections we take up Y2b, Y3b, and Y4b.